Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duracoat

Duracoat

I am thinking of having my Remington 700 XCR duracoated in their "gun blue" colour.Who does the best job ?

Quote Originally Posted by moray loon View Post
    I am thinking of having my Remington 700 XCR duracoated in their "gun blue" colour.Who does the best job ?
    JagareSa on the site does it I think.

Nutty

dave wylde (baldie) valkerie rifles he's your man for the job, his work is second to none.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Thanks Nutty, I know about Jager SA, have not seen his work, but would like to know if there are a few other guys offering this service.I should have made this clear in my first post. I have asked this question before on this forum and got a few replies - all concerning Jager SA ! Maybe he has the market cornered ! Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply atb ml

Quote Originally Posted by patjack View Post
    dave wylde (baldie) valkerie rifles he's your man for the job, his work is second to none.
    Thanks patjack, I never knew that he did Duracoat. I will make enquiries. ml

Get james Clark to Cerakote it!

Quote Originally Posted by patjack View Post
    +1 for Dave "Baldie" Wylde, coated my Remmy 2 yrs ago, and its still good as the day I collected it.
    Last edited by Windy; 19-09-2012 at 18:06. Reason: spelling!!

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyspaniel View Post
    JagareSa on the site does it I think.
    James Duracoated the slightly shabby wooden stock of a little .410 Mossberg shotgun for me a few years back and did a very tidy job. It still looks spot on and I have to tell people it's not actually a factory synthetic stock all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    +1 for Dave "Baldie" Wylde, coated my Remmy 2 yrs ago, and its still good as the day I collected it.
    Have never used Dave for coating, didn't realise he did it to be honest but I have used him to do some work on a long barrelled revolver and a couple of Marlin underlevers. He is a great guy and seems to excel at everything he does!

Quote Originally Posted by moray loon View Post
    The gun blue isn't that nice once it's on the metalwork.

Ive been coating firearms for about 6 years, done 100s, feel free to ask any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    The gun blue isn't that nice once it's on the metalwork.

Ive been coating firearms for about 6 years, done 100s, feel free to ask any questions.
    Thanks for responding Jager SA, I will pm you early next week, atb ml