Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scope for 6.5x55 Rifle.

Scope for 6.5x55 Rifle.

Could I have some advice please.
    I am thinking of purchasing a Sako Finnlight 6.5x55 for deer stalking.
    I am toying with the idea of a Zeiss Victory Diavari 6-24X56 T IR or 6-24x72 T IR. to go with the rife.
    Please could I have your thoughts and ideas on these scopes or any scope that would suit the rife and my stalking.

Regards
    Brighteyes.

I have a s/b klassic 8x56 Hungarian on my 6.5 no nonsense no twiddle just point and shoot .
    norma

I use a Zeiss 3-12x56 lightpoint and if you need more magnification there is a problem.
    I would hazard a guess that these 2 behemoths would outweigh the Finnlights reason for existence.
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    I have a s/b klassic 8x56 Hungarian on my 6.5 no nonsense no twiddle just point and shoot .
    norma
    Same as me - good scope, can't be faulted.

Bear in mind the weight of a scope (never handled a 72mm, but might be noticeably heavier than 56mm?) particularly if you are going to be stalking on foot rather than shooting from a high seat.

Quote Originally Posted by brighteyes View Post
    I am toying with the idea of a Zeiss Victory Diavari 6-24X56 T IR or 6-24x72 T IR. to go with the rife.
    Please could I have your thoughts and ideas on these scopes or any scope that would suit the rife and my stalking.

Regards
    Brighteyes.
    Tooooooo much scope! Anything 3-12x50 would suit a Finnlight. That should cover tight woodland and open hill. If your going to use it for target work it will get hot quick, I have one in 25-06 and only zero and stalk with it for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    Tooooooo much scope! Anything 3-12x50 would suit a Finnlight..
    Or any other rifle for that matter . Large Objective = Higher mount !

The 50mm objective is the best of both worlds IMO and you don't get any issue's with cheekweld.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

I use a Swarovski 8x50 on my 6.5X55.
    And yet another 7mm-08 user...

Quote Originally Posted by brighteyes View Post

Regards
    Brighteyes.
    Brighteyes

The 6-24's are fantastic scopes but as has been said in the previous answers you may find them a bit much weight wise for a stalking scope. Within our range of scopes you will find that the 3-12x56 Victory HT would be the best bet. I'm about to put one on top of my own 6.5x55 sako 75.

If you want to know any details for this or any of the Zeiss scopes drop me a message.

Cheers Jon

Just purchased sako 85 6.5x55 and have a zeiss 8x56 on top, great combination, granted for close woodland stalking lower magnification might be useful, but great light gathering and so simple and effective

SP

I had a 6x42 on mine. In my opinion, the scope should always weight less than the rifle!