Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ridgeline Grizzly Fleece Jacket

Ridgeline Grizzly Fleece Jacket

This is fairly new to the UK but does any one have one and would like to comment on how it is under field conditions?

http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/produc...leece-4975.htm

Thanks

I'm thinking I'd like one.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Just bought one today from uttings. Will let you know the verdict. Seems ok so far for the money, good fit , lots of pockets etc, but proof is in the rain.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Mine arrived from Scott Country yesterday. I figured that, as they advertised on this site, they more than deserved the business. I ordered it lunchtime on Tuesday and it turned up, as promised, yesterday morning via UPS, though sadly when Mrs W_G was in . Scott Country do a deal for site members with free UPS delivery

Wore it to walk the dogs this morning and it seems like a very nice coat, but it will now be the weekend before I can wear it out in the rain to really test it. Will let you all know.

One word of advice - I've found the Ridgeline sizing quite conservative, so I ordered an XXL rather than the normal XL, which definitely proved to be the right thing to do.

willie_gunn
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 28-09-2012 at 17:27.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

I got one for my missus, from Scottcountry ordered Monday arrived on Tuesday, looks very impressive so I got one for myself. Not worn mine yet but she got caught in a "highland shower" this morning and it performed beautifully.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

So far so good with this. Can ventilate when hot, cosy , great hood that covers back of neck when not in use. Only used in light rain so far, so waiting for next down pour for full review.

but so far looks like great value.

Any more feedback on the Ridgeline Grizzly?

Is it as breathable as claimed?

Is it as waterproof as claimed?

Any impartial feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by 270Buck View Post
    Any more feedback on the Ridgeline Grizzly?

Is it as breathable as claimed?

Is it as waterproof as claimed?

Any impartial feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Ross

Wore mine out stalking all last weekend and again this morning. It's warm, breathable and being plain green doesn't make you look like some kind of weekend warrior. I had a dog walker come past me this morning and it didn't phase him at all, unlike when you're bedecked in camo. He stopped and we had a quick chat but he never noticed my rifle until he headed away and then turned back to retrieve his Old English Sheepdog

The Grizzly is my coat of choice when walking the dogs - and I've got a lot of coats!

As to its waterproof abilities, I would say it is showerproof rather than waterproof. The seams are not taped, so there is some seepage. To be fair, though, I didn't buy mine as a waterproof - for that its Gore Tex every time.

I certainly like mine and on cold, dry mornings it's the coat I grab first off the hook.

Hope this helps

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Ross

Wore mine out stalking all last weekend and again this morning. It's warm, breathable and being plain green doesn't make you look like some kind of weekend warrior. I had a dog walker come past me this morning and it didn't phase him at all, unlike when you're bedecked in camo. He stopped and we had a quick chat but he never noticed my rifle until he headed away and then turned back to retrieve his Old English Sheepdog

The Grizzly is my coat of choice when walking the dogs - and I've got a lot of coats!

As to its waterproof abilities, I would say it is showerproof rather than waterproof. The seams are not taped, so there is some seepage. To be fair, though, I didn't buy mine as a waterproof - for that its Gore Tex every time.

I certainly like mine and on cold, dry mornings it's the coat I grab first off the hook.

Hope this helps

willie_gunn
    sounds ideal and at least they put in the advert that the seams are not taped unlike a few manufactures I've seen so its obviously not going to be fully waterproof hey.....