Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: stalking recession

stalking recession

Have any of the pro and part time stalkers noticed a drop in people booking stalks in the recession!

Quote Originally Posted by td View Post
    Have any of the pro and part time stalkers noticed a drop in people booking stalks in the recession!
    Speaking from the customer perspective, there are still some eye watering prices out there, so I would suggest that the quality end of the market is doing quite nicely. I try and go out somewhere new once a year and I would rather pay a good price for a 'quality' outing from someone established rather than take a chance on a budget outing, especially when I take into the account the cost of getting there. Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by td View Post
    Nope.

My Roe Rut is booked up for next year already.

When I phone round selected numbers, I have a little difficulty getting what I need,........... so diaries are still well filled!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Can i ask what an eye watering price is? my price is 350 & 12 per point on good stags. do you think that this is to mutch or not enough jcs.?

By the lack of interest in your advertisement I would think that says a lot.................... I think you must be the most expensive stag stalking on SD

Quote Originally Posted by scotlanddeerstalking View Post
    Can i ask what an eye watering price is? my price is 350 & 12 per point on good stags. do you think that this is to mutch or not enough jcs.?
    That sounds about right to me. Regards JCS

350 + 12 per point is a rip off but a fool and his money is soon parted as they say " always someone who will pay it but not me id hang up my guns first

For me that's too much.
    Unfortunately money is tight and although I manage to justify the fees for my lease, an extra 55% on the year for one outing can't be justified.
    At those prices I doubt if I'll ever be able to go for the staggies.
    But hey ho that's life.

Atb

Ed

I notice your in Callander mate, some very nice ground and beasts in that area, your maybe a touch pricey but not much different from the mainstream.

I have a good idea mind you. . . why don't Jcampbellsmith and I come up for a couple of free days on the stags and report back to the SD membership on your outfit

You can be assured we will say many many favourable things

Edit - Sorry, I notice your stalking is on Mull, not callander . . . . Stunning scenery, plenty of deer . . . . .can you tell I love Mull ?

Although on a slightly different note we did nearly sink on the ferry {if you can call it that} from Fionnphort to Iona last year - Man it was rough !!!! I couldnt enjoy Iona for shitting myself about the sail back !!!!
    Last edited by Cadex; 20-09-2012 at 19:03.