Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stag on the wrong side of the fence.

Stag on the wrong side of the fence.

Surprised they aired this, looked like a complete cluster **** to me.

http://www.fieldsportschannel.tv/

I know some times its hard to grasp the true prespective through the lese of the camera but I think your right that was a complete balls up, why air it at all. The best thing he did was put the third round in. Everything else seemed foolish. Could they not have scarpered for half an hour to let the creautre settle?

I have to agree,
    Couldnt the have opened the gate and let him free as the had ample time and space and with the amount of realtree camo on the stag wouldnt have noticed them.
    I dont think this piece of film done any of you UK fair chase hunters any favours.
    I for one would not be proud of that Red hanging on my wall and the standard of shooting was terrible.

I'm sorry if I offend but this is not hunting or even close

Regards,
    Glendine.
    Last edited by Glendine; 21-09-2012 at 11:44.

It came down to money at the end of the day, they separated the stag from the rest so could have let it out. Might have got back in but that is the risk with that option, however you have the price of the venison and whatever he paid to shoot the "trophy" stag and money talks. Not a good example to air and really not a good example of anything welfare wise.

THREE shots with a 308, to drop one deer, words escape me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glendine View Post
    I have to agree,
    Couldnt the have opened the gate
    Probably not as he'd just keep coming back, but they should have realised they messed up at the begining and ceased any attempt at that point in my opinion. But I accept these things happen but to publicly air it?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Pattern Paul View Post
    THREE shots with a 308, to drop one deer, words escape me.
    A stag pumped up with adreniline and fear when alerted will take a good bit to stop it...

but opening the gate would have let 400 of venison loose.

there was some naughty speculation on another forum that maybe there was a deer leap in, as it was stated it happens two or three times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Glendine View Post
    I have to agree,
    Couldnt the have opened the gate and let him free as the had ample time and space and with the amount of realtree camo on the stag wouldnt have noticed them.
    I dont think this piece of film done any of you UK fair chase hunters any favours.
    I for one would not be proud of that Red hanging on my wall and the standard of shooting was terrible.

I'm sorry if I offend but this is not hunting or even close

Regards,
    Glendine.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by mudman View Post
    but opening the gate would have let 400 of venison loose.

there was some naughty speculation on another forum that maybe there was a deer leap in, as it was stated it happens two or three times a year.
    Then its all about the money ? I think if the had let him free I dont think he would have came back in a hurry as I fear he would have learnt his lesson.
    A deer jump now that a easy way to make an extra 400 quid 3 or 4 times a year.

No matter what the story or theories is I do not think this should have being publicly aired.
    The made a film about grouse a few weeks back couldnt the have combined a red deer stalking film also.

Regards,
    Glendine.