i purchased a toyota hilux surf

wraith

well as you all know im good at getting 4x4 stuck i would like your opinion on a toyota 2.5turbo diesel oto box the car is 22years old :eek:but mint underside looks new no rot no dings paint realy good new exast sistem new big off road tires new front disks new timing belt new ajustable tow bar big bull bar all the spot lights etc years mot its the surf moddel i paid 1000for it did i get a good deal no oil leeks and every thing works has a turbo saver thing fitted and toad alarm sistem no torn interior in very clean conditon did i do the right thing in purchasing this moddel for shooting and eney members out ther give me some tips on yousing the oto box of road would help a lot thanks

I would imagine at 22 years old your Hilux will have freewheeling hubs that you have to get out to engage into 4wd. I'd make sure before you need this facility that it works and having done so make sure you engage 4wd before you get stuck in the mud in 2wd. Auto box for off roading is usually good. If you do get slightly bogged down it is easy to flick between drive and reverse.

Auto box isnt to good off road when the wheels start spining you dont have the clutch to control the slipping.With auto box u eather hav loads of drive or no drive.You will only dig your self deeper in.I have a vitara jx that gose anywhere.It has been lifted 6inch on the springs 2inch body lift 33x10.50r15 chuncky tyres.It is only 1450kg If your on soft ground thats what you want.

well as you all know im good at getting 4x4 stuck i would like your opinion on a toyota 2.5turbo diesel oto box the car is 22years old :eek:but mint underside looks new no rot no dings paint realy good new exast sistem new big off road tires new front disks new timing belt new ajustable tow bar big bull bar all the spot lights etc years mot its the surf moddel i paid 1000for it did i get a good deal no oil leeks and every thing works has a turbo saver thing fitted and toad alarm sistem no torn interior in very clean conditon did i do the right thing in purchasing this moddel for shooting and eney members out ther give me some tips on yousing the oto box of road would help a lot thanks

I'm sorry!

Auto box isnt to good off road when the wheels start spining you dont have the clutch to control the slipping.With auto box u eather hav loads of drive or no drive.You will only dig your self deeper in.I have a vitara jx that gose anywhere.It has been lifted 6inch on the springs 2inch body lift 33x10.50r15 chuncky tyres.It is only 1450kg If your on soft ground thats what you want.
well i have purchased the car so il just have to run it and see eney one recomend how they drive theres of road do i put it in 4low and put gear in number 1 first or do i put in to drive then 4low what would be better

...king nonsense! I have got an automatic landcruiser which I use across some very difficult ground and have used it use to pull out stuck manual landies, Troopers and Fourtracks. I think that all Range Rovers and almost all discoveries now are automatic, do you really think they get stuck at the first sniff of patch of mud?

What a load of rubbish, I have a Pajero Auto, it gets me everywhere soft ground or not on my keepering and shoot days no problems at all. I personally think you get better throttle control, its certainly not all or nothing.

What a load of rubbish, I have a Pajero Auto, it gets me everywhere soft ground or not on my keepering and shoot days no problems at all. I personally think you get better throttle control, its certainly not all or nothing.
And lets not forget Icelandic Ice climbers use only autos and I think they know a thing or two about the job, Ive had a few auto 4x4s and they are very good no probs at all, good look mate crack on,the only thing I would say about Hilux surf is they are heavy on juice but if its a shooting vehicle only, so what. Enjoy:lol:

Sorry that's just nonsense

Sorry folks but I think a manual 4 wheel drive will always out perform a Auto but its just my opinion. There is also off road and off road. some guys are upto there arse in muck every stalk and theres guys like me that could use a car. It also driving style aswell that can make any good 4 wheel drive good or bad. If your getting stuck then maybe you should try using your go anywhere feet. I use these alot when I know I would get stuck. cheers Hootsman

I only work on a farm deal with traction in muck every day but what do i no.if i had someone shooting getting stuck al the time they wouldnt be there long.

Aye thats it uncle buck everyone thinks different.i no what i no an they no what they no.mite need tracks to get out this one.:rofl:

Ive had a hi lux surf in the past good truck not as thirsty as the L200 or shogun in my opinion. what I did have problems with was the cylinder head cracked :( I ended up putting on a new head.
apparantly its a common issue with the 2.4.

Back