Fibreglass Quad Sticks that fit in your gun case

bobbroom

View attachment 19385 View attachment 19386View attachment 19387View attachment 19388

Like most of us I’ve used quad sticks made from wooden dowelling and B&Q plastic coated bean poles which were inexpensive and to be fair worked well. In fact, they worked so well that I wanted to take them hunting in Africa but couldn’t fit them in my gun case.

So I decided to make them out of fibreglass rod.

Apart from being a more durable material which returns to shape when bent, its strength/weight ratio means that relatively thin sections can be used.
It’s also ideal for applying a paint finish such as drab olive.

But most importantly, I’ve found that using fibreglass rod provides for a simple and reliable method of breaking down to fit in a gun case and re-assembling when you arrive at your hunt.

I’ve made and sold over 50 sets to date and a standard set measures approximately 1750mm long when assembled and 925mm broken down but they can be shorter made to suit.
They cost £84 each including paint finish plus carriage.

Alternatively, if you like the idea of fibreglass quad sticks but don’t need the breakdown facility then they cost £59 each plus carriage.

I’m in South Lincolnshire and very happy to pass on what I’ve learnt about deploying quad sticks and demonstrate the breakdown and assembling for anyone who wishes to call and collect.

Nice looking sticks bob would be interested in a set of quad sticks when I lose
or break my existing ones

A brilliant idea!, however, I would need to make sure they were cleaned before putting them back in, muck off them could play havoc with the scope / action. Professional looking photo's too!

Back