Tikka or CZ

Lloyd90

Got available some rifle at the old prices :)

Tikka T3 Hunter - £590
CZ 550 - £490

Thinking of going for the Tikka although would be able to get a scope sooner If I got the CZ :eek:

Tikka!

Nothing wrong with the CZ-I've found them to be a pretty reliable and accurate rifle, but the Tikka is a bit more refined-much smoother bolt and a bit more pleasing on the eye.

cz for me im affraid they do a pre-set trigger which you push forward to set and i have never found a trigger to match it they are good solid rifles and it will give you the extra money to put towards your scope i have owned 3 cz rifles and none of them have ever given me a once of trouble

I have a T3 Hunter in .243 and a CZ550 American in .308, to be honest, the CZ is a better looking rifle, it may be that I just got one with a nice piece of wood. I agree with Sir-lamp-alot the trigger is really good out of the box, better than the Tikka, however, I think the T3 shoots a bit better, especially with a T8 on the end, CZ doesn't seem to like it. One negative with the T3 is the plastic magazine, can't stand it and the plastic bit on the end of the bolt yuk! Which ever one you choose I don't think you will go far wrong with either, this doesn't help you make up your mind though :lol:

if you dont go for the T 3 you will kick yourself every time you put your hand into the safe.
i have one in 243 and you would think its laser guided

suggest you put then side by side on a table look at the workmanship work the bolt etc most rifles can shoot better than you its up to you which feels best you have to carry it miles have total faith in it and spending an extra £100 is nothing when you consider you my have it for years.Years ago when i first started if I had taken the long term view I would have saved loads of money. its hard to resist cheaper options but you my live to regret it.

Out of the two, CZ. Too much plastic in a T3 for my liking and they shoot side by side. However, you can add £75 to the CZ price for a new trigger, because IMHO the factory set trigger they come with is a piece if junk. A timney replacement will make it into a different rifle.....

How much is the Timney trigger ? n how hard is it to fit ?
btw do you know where I can get one in the UK ?
Im thinking of going n checking them both out together to see what there like. Really undecided on which to get lol! Although I do like the Tikka's :)

Think its going to be a tough choice :)

I got a single stage Timney, adjustable from about 3lbs to 6oz and very crisp. 6oz is too light for field use but mine is set at about a pound. cost £75 from Midway UK. shipped direct from the states in 6 days. Check their website to see if they have them in. I spent several years not really liking the rifle but changed that and quite happy to keep it now until I can afford a custom build.

Fitting requires a big screwdriver to get the main bedding screws out, a small screw driver and a small drift / smaller screw driver. The trigger is only held in by a pin and a screw but you have to take the safety off to fit it which is held in by another pin. takes about 10 minutes and 2 hours peeing about to set it up just how you want it! You will probably need the model without safety as it uses the existing one.

Good idea to find somewhere you can get the pair of them in your hands at the same time. Have fun on your shopping trip.....

I ended up with the CZ! Its a nice rifle and fit me better than the tikka as Im a big guy :) Need to get saving and buy a nice scope now lol :D

good choice im a fat bastard to and i prefer the cz maybe its a size thing all you weany tikka boys.....only joking there both good guns

well done now for scope I like fine reticule ended up selling my smit and bend got a whitetail claasic now called a bushnell pro I think. it works well on my 6.5 is good in low light and has taken a few years roughing it on the hill as wellas in woodland.cannot remember thename of the mounts but I think they were top if the range and cost nealy as much as the scope.

I have seen a nice Leupold 6x42 M8 scope. Hoping to pick that up :)
Will be a nice scope and won't have to fiddle about changing any magnification or anything. Just keep it simple and get on with it.

It has a plex reticle and is nice n fine just how I like it :D

nothing wrong with that I have leupold vari on 243 but hardly ever alter mag I think the extra i paid for vari power was a waste of money but they were all the rage when i got it.as i said before get good mounts.and your in.

Ended up with a Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40 scope. Picking it up on tuesday as my mates selling it so got a really good deal :)

Back