Thread: Factory 7mm-08 round

Factory 7mm-08 round

I packed up home loading so I'm looking for a good factory 7mm-08 round

Any suggestions

Steve

Sorry man, but nobody buys factory ammo for the 7mm-08....

Only kidding! My buddy shoots Remington tho what weight bullet, I do not know. Why did you quit handloading?~Muir

I just wasn't shooting enough

I was going to get 100 custom made up they would last me forever but never got round to it

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by WARDY1 View Post
    I just wasn't shooting enough

I was going to get 100 custom made up they would last me forever but never got round to it

Steve
    Too bad. I'd have loaded a couple of hundred, stored the equipment away, and dug it out next time. Great cartridge. Hope you can land on some ammo.... or better yet, find a reason to shoot more and take up reloading with a modest set-up.~Muir

Federal fusion 140 grain fairly cheap and effective, bush wear stock them they have also just got in privi 140 grain ! Maclouds Tain have Norma with140grain nosler ballistic tips bloody expensive and very effective

Agree with fusion 140grn or drop it down and I'll roll some for you as previously offered mate.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Pierred

Will call you tomorrow mate

Steve

If you can get it, I'd use Hornady Superperformance or Federal Premium, but any 708 game amo is fine. Use the one that shoots best. capt david

Quote Originally Posted by WARDY1 View Post
    I packed up home loading so I'm looking for a good factory 7mm-08 round

Any suggestions

Steve
    Reviving this thread a bit.
    I shot some PPU 7mm-08 ammo last night while rough zeroing a new Weatherby Vanguard (20") and found it to be indicating some accuracy potential. We only got to 50M before the darkness shut us down but it was shooting cloverleaf groups -shot over a rolled up Carhart and with a 4X Leupold. The PPU loaded ammo is (again) cheaper than buying un-primed Winchester or Remington brass for reloading so we bought 100 round to empty for reloading purposes. So far, it shoots very well.

I have used the 140 grain PPU BTSP for mule deer and whitetail deer with excellent results out to 170-180 yards.~Muir