Thread: Two handmade knives in aid of H4H

Two handmade knives in aid of H4H

For sale in aid of H4H...

One knife is a rework of an old blade,pommel and fingerguard replaced (both nickel-silver) and bone handle reworked.
    The blade is 4 1/2" long and is marked "574-41/2" on one side of the base and the other is marked "John B Rand & Co. Solingen-Germany."
    There is aslight nick in the middle of the blade edge (adds character?) which I have left as it would need a lot taken off the blade to polish it out.
    There is a leather sheath, which I bought for a £iver as I don't do leather, it's not a bad fit.
    All perfectly useable for stalking etc ... something different.
    £10 posted

The second knife is in the style of an Indian "neck knife".
    The handle is antler, the blade is carbon steel and is 2 3/4 " long.
    The pommel and finger-guard are nickel-silver and it comes in a hand made wooden sheath..nice neat fit. The sheath has a mother of pearl disc as decoration..see photo's.
    Maybe a letter opener would be a good use.
    £8 posted

I'm not looking to make a profit,these are just amateur efforts for sale in a good cause and hopefully at a reasonable price.

Cheque made out to H4H would be the best payment I think.

fraser

ps... both blades are nice and sharp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00933.JPG   DSC00934.JPG   DSC00936.JPG   DSC00937.JPG   DSC00939.JPG  

Last edited by private fraser; 22-09-2012 at 12:41.

I will take these please. pm inbound
    Edd

The knife in the wooden scabbard is very nice looking, & I would have bitten your hand off, if seen in time, the other appears to have the pommel in reverse.?Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    The knife in the wooden scabbard is very nice looking, & I would have bitten your hand off, if seen in time, the other appears to have the pommel in reverse.?Steve.
    Steve... I have just checked and you are right re pommel, there is a slight bevel to it..on the wrong side, which I had not noticed .
    I had some trouble getting the leather,mica and brass spacers right for the tang and I think I was so pleased with the feel of knife in the hand that I didn't notice it before.
    It can be sorted though, I will contact Edd re this.
    Thank you for pointing it out...work in progress.

I'll be making more in aid of H4H when time allows, glad they are well received.

fraser
    Last edited by private fraser; 22-09-2012 at 21:35.