Thread: Why I like A-Max "AMP" jacketed bullets.

Why I like A-Max "AMP" jacketed bullets.

Because I don't shoot them!
    The Trading Post owner is all cranked about the new Hornady A-Max "AMP" jacketed bullets so when I went in to buy a box of 168 gr 30 calibers and asked for the ones of the old, non "AMP" LOT number I'd worked up loads with, he gave me the three remaining boxes he had for $22/100 instead of $34/100. "They just aren't as good as the new ones" he said.

For now at least, I don't think my new Savage will care. Sometimes it's good being slow to take on new technology.~Muir

How did he "Know" they were not "As GOOD as the OLD ones"?????????????
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    How did he "Know" they were not "As GOOD as the OLD ones"?????????????
    Be-Cauuuszzze..... the "AMP" means "advanced manufacturing process" and that means BETTER, you silly Brit.~Muir

As in advance to the rear EH Andy?!......... just got the lead pot sorted, & Jb is going to send me your mould / Mold, so I will be busy soon with all that shotgun no6 stuff! Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    As in advance to the rear EH Andy?!......... just got the lead pot sorted, & Jb is going to send me your mould / Mold, so I will be busy soon with all that shotgun no6 stuff! Steve.
    It's your mold, dude.
    Sounds good. Let me know how big it casts and what it weighs, will you?? Curiosity, ya know? How well it shoots is almost a given.....~Muir

Hi Muir, what do you shoot with the A-max?

Paper only, and it does that well enough. I need so section the back end of an A-Max sometime. I suspect that the jacket is uniformly thin throughout.~Muir

I sectioned a 30 caliber A-Max bullet and took some macro-photos to compare them against the "Interlock" I'd cut earlier. As I suspected, the jacket on the A-MAX is thinner. Unfortunately, my dammed computer has decided not to recognize my card reader and I can't off load the pics. I'll work on it.~Muir