Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7mm rem mag

7mm rem mag

A mate recently got one and he has been using some factory ammo for the cases,he is experienced reloaded,he tried some 120gr nos bal tips on max load,he said they were a little sticky extracting after shot,he went to resize one of these and case stuck in the die and the rim ripped of backing it out the die,I've no knowledge on this caliber,I can relay any suggestions to my mate if any of you know anything he can try to improve this,regards swarovski

Sounds like he didn't lube the case correctly before resizing, and/or he is using ***** lube.

start with a low load and work up!!

I would say he probaly used that lyman spray lube,I recently started using it but I spray the foam in the tray and roll them as I've always done,he did load several batches working up to max load,think all were the same,max loads shot the best groups,2 touching and other just under 1 inch higher bang on line,i spet barrel hadnt quite cooled down to cold,testing done at 150yds

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    A mate recently got one and he has been using some factory ammo for the cases,he is experienced reloaded,he tried some 120gr nos bal tips on max load,he said they were a little sticky extracting after shot,he went to resize one of these and case stuck in the die and the rim ripped of backing it out the die,I've no knowledge on this caliber,I can relay any suggestions to my mate if any of you know anything he can try to improve this,regards swarovski
    The caliber isn't at fault.
    Your friend isn't as experienced at reloading as you (or he) may think.~Muir

Sd guru stand up and be counted,what would you say was the problem then..........?

sounds like under lubricaton dont understand why he had trouble ejecting the spent case from his gun. unless the case is blowing right back hard on the bolt face look for presure marks and did he wipe all the lube of the cases before shooting them as cases with lube left on can give very high presure as rather than the case expanding out and gripping the walls of the silinder it will try to blow rearwards putting massif presure on the bolt hence hard to open

He would have told me if there was any pressure issues,he is my reloading guru,if I have any questions I always ask him,he has forgot more about reloading than I know,I hope he hasn't forgot himself

he tried some 120gr nos bal tips on max load,he said they were a little sticky extracting after shot,
    He would have told me if there was any pressure issues
    How is sticky extraction not a pressure issue?

The factory ammo he was using for the cases was also a little sticky,I know that because I've shot it,mabe chamber needs a good scrubbing