New barrel for Tikka 595

Paddums

Can anyone recommend a good place for me to get a new barrel for my Tikka 595 in .243. Preferably in the Oxford/ Reading area.

This new barrel is out of necessity rather than choice, so if you feel a re-barrel is a bad decision (although I am confident it is) please feel free to suggest alternative ideas. My FEO is happy to give me a new slot on ticket if required...

Thanks in advance

Paddums

I wouldnt say its a bad idea at all. I have a rebarrelled tikka 595 that is as sweet as the proverbial nut! IMO the action is way better than the T3 and is worth saving

Mine was done by Norman Clarke who will do a good job but may be pricey, a phone call would be worth it to see. Otherwise have a look around this forum for smiths who do barrel work, there are a few, I can personally vouch for Redmists work but he is nowhere near reading

Another vote for Neil Mckillop (Dasherman) excellent work and a no ******** gunsmith, of which there are very few in this country.

I was in same position as you with a 595 delux 22.250 I loved the rifle but was loosing accuracy because of lack of maintenance and not removing the T8. Didn't know whether to sell and buy new or re-barrel. Decided to have a new Border 5r 20" re-barrel job and was the best thing I ever did. One hole groups with factory ammo regular. So my advise is new barrel.

Can anyone recommend a good place for me to get a new barrel for my Tikka 595 in .243. Preferably in the Oxford/ Reading area.

This new barrel is out of necessity rather than choice, so if you feel a re-barrel is a bad decision (although I am confident it is) please feel free to suggest alternative ideas. My FEO is happy to give me a new slot on ticket if required...

Thanks in advance

Paddums

+1 on neil,

he is a very very close friend of mine and a cracking rifle builder, he builds rifle that shoot like you want too.

bob.

[h=1]Mckillop Engineering Ltd - Engineers (General) in Reading RG7 2AG[/h][h=5]Address:[/h]The Dairy Loft Butlers Land Farm
Mortimer Reading
Berkshire
RG7 2AG

• 0118 933 3100

Thank you all for advice. I will try and get in contact with him tomorrow. Then I will ask the question of what barrel I should buy.

Paddums

Neil will most likely have a Pac-nor barrel on the shelf in the right twist and contour for you. I've used several and never had any issues with them.

Neil's on holiday for another week. You won't regret waiting for him to get back, his work is superb.

Back