Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold Muntjac Bucks

Gold Muntjac Bucks

What would be the going rate for a stalk taking a gold medal munty? It's just that I've got a bit of ground that seems to have some really nice examples on it and I'm thinking about the possibility of selling some off.

Amhuinnsuidhe

50 and I'll be there this afternoon!
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

Why sell them ? surely you would like shoot a nice animal yrself or have a friend who might like to take an animal .i know farmings not had a great year but 500 won't restore the balance will it .
    norma

it depends on if your asking what people are asking, or what people are getting??

a random example

http://www.candcstalking.co.uk/Products.html

what is happening in the stalking scene in the UK at the moment?

It seems like everyone is trying to profit from deer with little consideration other than making money or am I getting the wrong idea of how its all going.

Just what the anti shooting propaganda machine needs to strengthen it cause against stalking after all by putting such price tags on gold-silver-bronze does it not paint a fine picture that everyone is a trophy hunter and trying to profiter from deer in money terms.

Surely we should just be enjoying our choosen pursuit enjoying nature.

I wonder sometimes how many so called medal heads are shot and not declared no photo evidence posted on the web, maybe the stalker enjoyed the moment and those memories will stay with him and close friends I know of a few very good medal heads that will never be shown off.

Just my perspective of things.

PJ.
    Last edited by patjack; 23-09-2012 at 11:53.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    it depends on if your asking what people are asking, or what people are getting??

a random example

http://www.candcstalking.co.uk/Products.html

Holy smoke!!
    Do these people get any booking?
    Cull roe buck 240!?!?!?!!?

Edd

Quote Originally Posted by patjack View Post

It seems like everyone is trying to profit from deer with little consideration other than making money or am I getting the wrong idea of how its all going.

Just what the anti shooting propaganda machine needs to strengthen it cause against stalking after all by putting such price tags on gold-silver-bronze does it not paint a fine picture that everyone is a trophy hunter and trying to profiter from deer in money terms.

I wonder sometimes how many so called medal heads are shot and not declared no photo evidence posted on the web, maybe the stalker enjoyed the moment and those memories will stay with him and close friends I know of a few very good medal heads that will never be shown off.

PJ.
    I think you have got the wrong idea PJ..

If a fella with some land wants to sell a few of his trophy animals on that are part of his managed cull then whats the problem ?

Whose to say wether or not hes already been generous to numerous friends?

Imo this is in no way derisory to our sport and infact helps people maintain their leases

Are you saying that because somebody posts trophy pictures their enjoyment and memories are any less than somebody who doesnt?

Atb

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Guys,

I think what is important to note here, is that times are hard and deer stalking is proving to be a very welcome income for many farmers, landowners, recreational stalkers whoever is involved with deer management. The key for me is to make sure that the same quality can be harvested year on year, don't get greedy just because you need the money tomorrow. If this is taken into account I don't see how anyone could disagree with someone taking some trophy heads with clients to help put some money in their pocket.

For example on price I pay between 250 - 500 for a gold head. However please note that the guy I pay 500, can guarantee big medal heads on a 2 / 3 day trip. It's not once in a blue moon he shoots a gold head. Same story with the roe bucks, the guys who can produce regular big heads have high prices.

Regards

Alex

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by patjack View Post

PJ.
    Sadly in this day and age, everything has a price.
    Deer are equally as much of a commodity as a grass,wheat or milk. Like all commodities there are premium ones and budget ones, lets say feed wheat as opposed to finest milling wheat. Should someone decide to sell some of their product then they can and premium products command premium prices. After all a Ferrari is just a car.
    About a 1/4 of what I earn a year comes from deer. Am I wrong.
    However all living things that have a price then equally demand that it is well looked after. Deer are after all a naturally renewable resource and correctly managed can make an income for many years. Take some for yourself or sell a few, it makes no difference as long as you look after them.
    And yes I can honestly say that I remember many stalks as if it were me who shot the animal. There are after all only so many bits of bone you can have.