Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lancs fire arms dept

lancs fire arms dept

had my interview with feo simon vann the other week and he advised me to withdraw my application cos of a current driving ban ,got a letter of conformation on friday in which they state 2 more reasons , 1 of which he said was not an issue and the other is limited fire arms knowledge, ive been going on paid stalks for 3 years and have been 14 times, is this not enough ?
    when you stop learning you stop being challenged

Established Poster Muddy Springer's Avatar
    I suppose it depends what you've asked for and what the driving ban was for (drink driving I could see would be a good reason not to approve an FAC as an example) what the other reason is....... (which 'isn't an issue' ? but as its been stated then it obviously is) I'm a mentor for an inexperienced FAC holder in Lancs, it was an essential part of him getting the ticket (only .22 and .17hmr) and will probably be on there a year or so til I'm happy with his safety, quarry knowledge etc,
    Last edited by Muddy Springer; 23-09-2012 at 09:16.

If I was in your shoes I would put the onus back on them, request a reply in writing, re what you need to do to overcome the issues that they see as good reason to decline your application.
    ALSO TO OVERCOME THE LACK OF EXPERIENCE. join a rifle/gun club, they are refering to your lack of experience not the number of times you have been stalking. Also be positive about it.
    it may be better to apply for a shotgun certificate first to get a foot in the door, then when you reapply go for a rimfire first (slowly, slowly catchee monkey).
    sinbad/paul
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

Simon, strikes again!

Glad he doesn't cover my district.

He is heading that way weeman, started out on the east lancs/ west yorkshire border now covering chorley and I believe the poulton area wont be long before you have the pleasure mate.
    sinbadlol
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

Its only a respectable joke.

Simon is a guy as who knows him, does his job to a strict high standard.

Only dealt with him once, no problems I had with him.

Sinbad are you Simon is disguise...??

don't withdraw your application, put it in and if it's not approved then follow process with your organistation as to why, then go forward from there.

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    don't withdraw your application, put it in and if it's not approved then follow process with your organistation as to why, then go forward from there.
    +1.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Springer View Post
    I suppose it depends what you've asked for and what the driving ban was for (drink driving I could see would be a good reason not to approve an FAC as an example) what the other reason is....... (which 'isn't an issue' ? but as its been stated then it obviously is) I'm a mentor for an inexperienced FAC holder in Lancs, it was an essential part of him getting the ticket (only .22 and .17hmr) and will probably be on there a year or so til I'm happy with his safety, quarry knowledge etc,
    ive asked for a .243 for stalking and foxing , the other issue was been treated for depresion after my house was reposest , my dad died, my mum died my my girlfriend of 15 years left me taking our son with her all within a year , they had spoken to my doc who told them i wasnt ill but all those things had taken their toll . the driving ban is for points build up
    when you stop learning you stop being challenged

Is Simon Vann by any chance originally from South Wales and ex MOD police?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.