Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: which wirehair ?

which wirehair ?

If you were after a real allround dog eg. for deer work, dogging in, rough shooting, foxing etc would you go for a HWV or a GWP. Have seen a bit of both myself but allways interested in other opinions, everyone has got one thanks.

hi barkin got to be a gwp got a litter here now not far from you regards pete .

Pete, I know I shouldn`t be asking, incase herself looks over my shoulder, but what have you got left from the litter ?

GWP without doubt.
    sinbad
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

Quote Originally Posted by barkin` buck View Post
    Pete, I know I shouldn`t be asking, incase herself looks over my shoulder, but what have you got left from the litter ?
    six dogs left mate more than welcome to come and have a look eyes should be open any day regards pete .

sorry, should have been more specific, what in the way of dogs and bitches have you ? I see you started out with twice as many girls to boys, I am a dog person myself and with a "few" cockers I am used to strong willed dogs.

[QUOTE=barkin` buck;443539]sorry, should have been more specific, what in the way of dogs and bitches have you ? I see you started out with twice as many girls to boys, I am a dog person myself and with a "few" cockers I am used to strong willed dogs.[/QUOTE
    I am an HWV owner, if you are used to dealing with strong willed dogs, dont get a HWV as they are easily upset.
    But if you do and can get on with it your blood pressure will drop considerably after working spaniels!!!
    Wf1

Thanks Wf1, I go to a shoot where somebody beats with a HWV and you are right, it is the most chilled gun dog ever.

My oldest which is a bitch has a full CV, everything I want her to do on deer, tracking, walk stalking indicating etc.
    Sits on a peg, retrieves , beats,dogs in easy, awsome on Grouse, she is a bag filler in every sense of the word.
    I worked spaniels for 45 years," god help" me my blood pressure is now normal.
    Wf1

Quote Originally Posted by barkin` buck View Post
    sorry, should have been more specific, what in the way of dogs and bitches have you ? I see you started out with twice as many girls to boys, I am a dog person myself and with a "few" cockers I am used to strong willed dogs.
    bitches all gone just dogs left regards pete .