2 bonus bucks yesterday.

Went down to the shoot yesterday to help with the 2 tons of wheat that had been delivered.
four other members turned up so we had finished decanting it into barrels and getting it to the pens by dinnertime,
There was a lot of crows and pigeons knocking about but nobody else stayed down after the work party (sad bunch).
I was getting my semi auto etc out ready for a couple of hours shooting over decoys when the landowner turned up and proceeded to give me grief about the numbers of fallow he was seeing allover the estate, this man hates deer and would be happy to see the lot slaughtered:eek:.
he then asked what my plans were, I decided that a lie might be the best option, so told him I was here to cull a few of the bucks that have been lieing up in the woods around his house (quietly sliding the shotgun back into the slip and reaching for the ruger instead).
After he had gone I made my way over to the woods and decided to get into position and wait and see what turned up.
Trying to get across a heavily overgrown dyke I managed to get stabbed with hawthorns, brambles and had every bare piece of skin kissed by stinging nettles, I then landed in the bottom knee deep in mud.
I crawled up the other side and managed a half crouch in the brambles, and as I looked around there was a semi circle of aprox 12 fallow all staring at me (oh f**k).
head down load up quick scan and I spotted a few young bucks amongst them, good backstop so neck shot the first one (30yds max), a few moments of panic but none bolted so buck number two chest shot (50yds max) reaction to shot indicated I had hit him a bit back from the shoulder (liver) the rest were still milling around so picked out another buck just about to take him when I spotted buck number 2 heading off. so finished the job with a neck shot.
At this point the rest bolted right through the landowners garden:doh:.Happy days.
After checking both bucks and gralloching them I found no2 had been hit just behind the shoulder but the 100gr bullet had deflected and passed through the liver and punctured the rumen.
Not exactly what I had planned for saturday afternoon, but not a bad result. Now where did I put the tweezers and the witch hazel.
Sinbad

Will take a couple later as he still has his jacket on, entry and exit wounds only though.
sinbad/paul

Wouldnt go as far as to call it a stalk mike more like comedy capers, couldnt believe it when I got out the other side and saw the audience I had, I think thats why they didnt run LOL.

Last edited:
Pity nobody could be bothered to let me know they were not stopping Dan, You could have come down and had a pop at them mate, like I said I had planned on having an afternoon on the pigeons, as I dont like stalking on there if the other guys are mooching about with shotguns, I trust me but dont fancy getting a barrel by mistake.LOL:eek:.

Back