My first stalk - OMG I'm addicted now.

SteveOh

Ello

Well I had my first stalk on Thursday with James Gillan of St Boswells.

The weather kept dry for us and I managed to rack up three on the morning stalk, all were good clean kills taken at good ranges.

We didnt manage to see anything on the evening, I think I had used up all my aces in the morning.

I can't wait to get back up there (as predicted by several of you fellas)

Well done Steve welcome to a world of excitement and of course bloody good sausages and an even better excuse to get away from her indoors :lol:

All the above Steve, well done mate!
Just got back home after a ten hour drive. All my clothes are covered in mud, blood and sh!t, my brand new rifle barrel's scratched and my bino's are all misted up. Only one thing to do then! Hang up my two beautiful Red yield hinds, have a whisky and plan my next stalk!

'GOD I LOVE STALKING!'

mine was going to be saturday :cry: went down with the flu,goughing all the time,be no good evern thinking of stalking.
got it book't in for 2 weeks time :D :D

SteveOh & Beowolf
well done you pair when I came back from my first trip over the border my steyr's woodwork looked white where it had been out in so much rain bit of oil and rubbing soon cured that I hope the binos are only misted on the outside!
most of all many more good stalks to you both.

Dickie.

Thanks Dickie,
Nice to have you back! No unfortunately my bino's are misted on the inside. :cry: Well one side at least. :confused: Can this be repaired? If not, any chance you can 'borrow' the 'Old Mans' for me next time your on the bridge. ;)

Beowolf

Sorry about that with the Binos what make are they and how old try sending them back.

I dont go high enough to get the old mans I would get a nose bleed!!

Dickie.

Optolyth Royals, second hand. They are clear now but once I take them out into the rain again :( ! I want another pair anyway. These are too big! I feel like a German Uboat skipper with them around my neck! :D

Well done SteveOh!!
That's something for the memory card and no mistake, fantastic!
Now the bug is in your sytem you're incurable, I'm just back from two days of getting wet without so much as getting a shot off, but I was with a good mate, saw a few deer, had some fresh air in my lungs and I can't wait to get back out.
No way was it a weekend wasted, it just confirmed, again, that deer stalking is fantastic come rain or shine.
Stalkings great whether you take or not, sadly you won't always have a hat-trick but I suspect already that you won't need to, best of luck and well done.
Geoshot

geoshot is right,
no matter when i go out, sunshine, overcast, light rain or snow......the feeling is always good, fresh air a nice surrounding and peace!!
if i draw a blank, theres always another day!!

duggers

Ahhh Mr B, you will find that if your bino's have nitrogen proofed barrels, then the seal has probably broken on one of them. It should be easy to fix through a reputable dealer I would have thought.

Cheap bino's do not last long in Scottish weather, and will mist up on the inside making them useless, you are far better saving up and buying a good pair of Zeiss or Swarovski.

Glad to see you and the misses got back home ok. You had better start training for next year, as i intend on taking you over to the West coast and that is 100 square miles with no roads!! that will be another story to tell? :lol:

Hi Sikamalc,
Thanks for the advice! I dug out the invoice for my Optolyth 8x56 phoned the chap and yes they can be repaired! :lol:

Another invite! :eek: Thanks mate! I'll be fitter next time believe me!
I thought you would be fed up of me by now!

Thanks mate, I really do appreciate all you have done for me. I also wish to thank the other top stalkers on this site who have helped me get both deer and boar stalking. I consider myself very fortunate and I'm very grateful. You are all truly great men and ambassadors of the shooting and deer world. Once I have got the bulk of my work done and Christmas out of the way I hope to get some stalking and some beer drinking in with you all! :D

No worries Mr B, as I have said before on other threads, I have no issue with helping people who are honest, and trustworthy.

You did good, and I would be happy to have you back again for more adventures in the highlands, and possibly elsewhere. Lets see how the New Year pans out.

Back