Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: What Butler Creeks for Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 x 50 IR

  1. #1

    What Butler Creeks for Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 x 50 IR

    Hi,

    I have already used the search function to try and find the answer.

    I have found that I need size 39 for the objective.

    What do I need for the eye end, bearing in mind the buttons for the IR controls?

    Has anyone actually fitted Butler Creeks to their Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 x 50 IR. Did you need to trim it down at all?

    I know the quality of Butler Creeks has gone down, so also open to suggestions of alternatives.

    Cheers

    Ross

  2. #2
    I just use a neoprene cover like this one BushWear: Neoprene Scope Cover / Glove (Camo). I just wish they made the inside bright orange - black / camo can be hard to find if you drop it.

    Keeps the scope protected and very quick and silent to remove when needed. In fact I am just waiting for my daughter to outgrow her wetsuit and then go to use that to make a much longer one that covers the whole rifle so that you can keep it all dry, but you can take it off in seconds for when a shot presents itself. In effect a neoprene ie water proof version of the loden slip like BushWear: Loden Rifle Slip

  3. #3
    I’ve got butler creeks fitted to mine there's no interference with the IR controls, when I get home from work I'll check what size's they are.

  4. #4
    Got Butler Creeks on mine too, but unfortunately no markings on them to give away the size as far as I can see. The cover part is marked on the inside with "17 19 20 21" and "5-6 BLIZ" if that's any use to you. It is a pretty snug fit over the focus ring, but does work fine and doesn't interfere with IR buttons at all.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    Got Butler Creeks on mine too, but unfortunately no markings on them to give away the size as far as I can see. The cover part is marked on the inside with "17 19 20 21" and "5-6 BLIZ" if that's any use to you. It is a pretty snug fit over the focus ring, but does work fine and doesn't interfere with IR buttons at all.
    Many thanks for the reply Klunk, looks like I will need to find someone with the original packaging. I looked up the numbers you listed and cannot seem to find any definitive answer.

    Thanks for taking the time to reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    I’ve got butler creeks fitted to mine there's no interference with the IR controls, when I get home from work I'll check what size's they are.
    Hi White Hart,

    Fingers crossed you have the original packaging as it seems from what Klunk has said that the size is not marked on the actual cover itself!!!

    Cheers

    Ross

  6. #6
    Hi, just bought and fitted mine today, eye bell cap is a size 20, absolute perfect fit! I didn't use butler
    creek for the objective, i used a size 6 quake bushwhacker, folds virtually all the way back. Its a tad on the small side so quite tight but does not interfere with the image.

  7. #7
    Hi no packaging but on the inside edge it says L20 eye. Hope this helps I've got on fine with them.


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    Hi no packaging but on the inside edge it says L20 eye. Hope this helps I've got on fine with them.

    I tried to include a photo but no luck so I'll PM it so you have an idea of fit.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    I tried to include a photo but no luck so I'll PM it so you have an idea of fit.
    Cheers for your help White Hart

  10. #10
    Hi there the eye piece is 20 and the objective is 39.

    Goes straight on with the IR no problems.

Similar Threads

  1. butler creek covers for zeiss duralyt
    By Deanandrew64 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 13:48
  2. For Sale Zeiss Duralyt 2-8x42 ir
    By trooper3.1 in forum Optics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 13:12
  3. For Sale Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 x 50 IR 60
    By RichardP in forum Optics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 10:49
  4. Butler Creeks for Zeiss
    By Elmer in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 11:21
  5. Zeiss Duralyt Rifle Scope 3-12 x 50
    By bod1st in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28-03-2011, 00:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •