Thread: Boar in the south west

Boar in the south west

Hi there guys, i am very new to this forum and have loads of questions. but i am really interested in boar ion the south west. i know there is boar on dartmoor there is enough clips on you tube of them! but is there many guys shooting them down this way i would be very interseted to find out more. cheers.

The boar near Dartmoor originate from an escape (or deliberate animal rights release) from West Ansty near Dulverton. They seem to have spread much further than other escapes and are now well spread throughout the Exe Valley, south west Exmoor and north Dartmoor.

I'm not sure any particular area has a big core population that is being harvested, although there may be pockets here and there I think it's more a case of coming across them from time to time.

There are also a few on the Somerset Levels but again not enough to offer planned stalking.

The more established population in the South West is in Dorset which is the 3rd largest UK population after the Forest of Dean and Kent/Sussex and where one or two stalkers offer opportunities.

Hi paul K

"The more established population in the South West is in Dorset which is the 3rd largest UK population after the Forest of Dean and Kent/Sussex and where one or two stalkers offer opportunities."

Paul could you or anybody please point me in the direction of any stalkers offering opportunities for Boar in Dorset..

I live in Poole

Regards

Terry

Terry, Ian F's contact from West Country Game can organise it. If you book a trip then let me know and I'll come along too.
    My .30-06 should be firing on all cylinders soon so we'll have to find a couple of Bucks when some more grass is off.

Get in touch with Johnny Kingdom he has a few on his ground