Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Good old Cheshire Firearms Licensing

Good old Cheshire Firearms Licensing

I have just spoken to a friend who is just in the process of renewing his Firearms certificate and because it is not an open certificate asked for another section of land to be added to it.
    The lady in the said department suggested that he applied for an open certificate as he had been in a stalking syndicate for a number of years she could not see a problem (He has his DSC1) so write a letter and we will look at it.
    So He wrote a letter and sent it in a week later the reply came ( Sorry you will have to do your DSC 2 before we will consider it.
    What does the man do for a living he is a shooting instructor.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

DSC2 before open.... WTF?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

There obviously aren't enough laws on the statute books, so Cheshire Contabulary make some more up.

I suggest you consult BASC (or whoever you use) and write back politely explaining that they are talking out of areas of their anatomy not generally used for conversation.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    There obviously aren't enough laws on the statute books, so Cheshire Contabulary make some more up.

I suggest you consult BASC (or whoever you use) and write back politely explaining that they are talking out of areas of their anatomy not generally used for conversation.
    I am from Cheshire and believe me you want to see where they put there tooth brush !!!!!!!!!!. As for consulting BASC don't bother get the NGO involved they will fight any members corner.

Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    DSC2 before open.... WTF?
    Hi Si yes it's true Cheshire are unique they have GOAL POSTS that move that often they have grown their own legs and move by themselves. I have stalked or shot in some form all over the UK and the moment you say you are from Cheshire you get the reply ah !! you have the difficult Lady FLD manager that makes you in frustration.

Jimbo

Yep good ole cheshire...with the lady in question who knows sod all about shooting and is very Anti

have to say i've had no problems with them. i recently put in for a variation for my first deer calibre. gave them the stuff they wanted and gave them no reason to say no. result... granted with no stupid conditions. like i say had no problems with them.
    Big bloke... but outta shape

I guess I should be grateful that I'm just over the boundary then. We have a Cheshire address, Warrington postcode but come under GMP for firearms.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I have had my licence opened by Cheshire. I've had it 3 years, but don't have DSC. They were were going to turn me down due to the amount of ammo I had used. So I spoke to SACs and they sorted it out. The lady in question does seem to make it up as she goes along!!

Someone mentioned on this or another forum that she is retiring soon??

Ian.