n140 load data

sir-lamp-alot

just wondered if any of you chaps had any info on loads for a 80gr seirra softpoint in .243 using n140 i saw the bullets for sale at my local gunshop and i feel they would make a really good cross over bullet for fox and deer and as im already using n140 i would like to make a load up but i cant seem to find any load data on the net any help would be apreciated

If it helps I'm using 37gns N140 under under 85gr Sierra HPBT. Good on roe and fox. The Vhit data for 80/85 gr is about I grn difference.

In edition 7 Vit had 41.3gr max N140 for a 80gr fmj, in edition 9 it was only 37.2gr for the same bullet?? Some difference.
edi

I would mention that yesterday BaconButtie and I loaded up N140 over 70gr Sierra HPBT from the Lapua site. We found that the 8 loads we made up from the min to max off the site were getting louder and hotter by the 4th and on the 6th a stuck bolt with damage to the casing and a little blow back was produced.

Only saying this as a word of caution if working off the website as the bullet manufacture stated a load lower than lapua's starting which im now going to work back to :)

Back