Roe buck playing/fighting

MONGOOSE

Has anybody ever seen this before its a new one on me is he practising fighting or just for entertainment?

I think you are giving the buck to much credit. I think he thinks it's still attached to a stag, in which case he's very brave, especially if he thinks it's a sika...

It's two things.
1. Look carefully, he's still got half of his velvet on. Initially I think he's looking to clean.
2. Then he turns it into a game of pretend fighting. Lots of young bucks often have sparing matches. Makes me laugh when he gets a spike up the arse at the end and calls it a day. He lost against an antler with no deer attached.:rofl:

It's two things.
1. Look carefully, he's still got half of his velvet on. Initially I think he's looking to clean.
2. Then he turns it into a game of pretend fighting. Lots of young bucks often have sparing matches. Makes me laugh when he gets a spike up the arse at the end and calls it a day. He lost against an antler with no deer attached.:rofl:

That made me chuckle as well watched it a couple of times:rofl:

I've seen a doe "fighting" head to head with a buck in velvet before, went on for about 10 minutes.

Back