Thread: Schoolboy question - brass

Schoolboy question - brass

Hi,
    I'm new to centrefires although have been shooting shotgun/rimfire for years. I have recently purchased a 22-250 and am working my way through various factory ammo, I have saved all the brass, my question is - is it worth anything to someone who reloads and if so how do I sell it? I am not planning on reloading due to lack of time, eqpt etc (maybe something I might eventually get into but that is in the distant future). Any info gratefully recieved.

Depending on how much you have and what make it usually is worth something to someone. Best thing to do is to save it up. You will find batches of 50 or 100 of most makes will sell but if it just the odd 10 or 20 from different makes you might be better off giving it away.

You just need to find the right buyer..you'll have more luck if you have a good number of the same brass (i.e. 100 Federal)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Snap tackleberry
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

as already stated keep it , never chuck it brass is getting very exspensive and in time down the road you may want to reuse this
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Thanks for the replies - I am keeping it all so once I have a bigger stack I will see if I can sell it. I don't think I will ever shoot enough to justify reloading but who knows.