Thread: Auction for Leigh - Sandy Series 2 visit to Moray

Auction for Leigh - Sandy Series 2 visit to Moray

Following on from the auction for Leigh a short while back, Sandy was the successful bidder on an Intro Day with us. He came up on Sunday ( we won't talk about borrowed cars and Friday ) and we had a good day out.

Thank you to Sandy for his bid - very much appreciated.

I'm posting a couple of pictures here at Sandy's request and I'll leave him to do the follow-up.

I would like to say however that it was a great day for us - nice guy, great company and pleasure to be with. As alluded to elsewhere, he can be a bit hard on plate steel!

Usual caveats - regardless of what pictures appear to show every shot, back stop, area etc etc etc was safe and Sandy much better looking in real life...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sandy SD Auct Sept 2012 (22).jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	523.9 KB 
ID:	19523

Standing off sticks from grass ride on Roe cut out - figuring a line through the branches.

Name:	Sandy SD Auct Sept 2012 (37).jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	448.2 KB 
ID:	19524

Steel plate at on bank above river - 3 shots, three 'clangs'.

Name:	Sandy SD Auct Sept 2012 (63).jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	523.9 KB 
ID:	19525

Another ride toward clear fell, steel plate visible. Circa 130 metres - three rounds through near same hole - 'til he could see daylight!

Name:	Sandy SD Auct Sept 2012 (70).jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	598.4 KB 
ID:	19526

Back face of the plate & cheesy grin.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

well after a farce trying to get up on friday involving me using my daughters classic mini which decided to fry its points just outside huntly, i managed to find a wee backstreet garage with a new condensor and points to repair it but was going to be to late getting to the rondevous so andy kindly said i could go up on sunday instead which turned out better as apparently the weather turned sour, so i set of at 5:30 sunday morning in the works van arriving in plenty time to have a wee snooze before andy turned up and led me to his cottage where we had a chat about our day which included a wee run through the dsc1 course which i intend doing soon, then andy showed me some of the kit they recommend ( he has afettish for knifes lol) then out tothe range for a zeeroing session and tried out shooting from sticks the quad sticks are amazingly stable but a bit slow to deploy, we then went for a tour through the ground (no deer to be seen but andy pointed out plenty signs where the reds had been , then we stopped while andy set out the deer sillouettes in the woods for a simulated stalk the first was a easy one then onto the second which was cunningly hidden through some trees with only a very small gap to get a shot through which i managed even though i wasnt sure if i could get a clear shot, onto the steel targets the first was a 130 metre steel plate 10mm thick
    Last edited by sandyseries2; 25-09-2012 at 20:51.
    Howa .223 varmint. Ruger 10-22. rizzini 20 bore o/u couple of 12 bores

oops , so 10mm thick plate at 130metres i tried one shot of the bipod (nae probs) then onto the sticks i had another two shots all hitting the 6"x4" target leaving pretty impressive dents in it (sorry for knackering your targets andy lol) then onto number two at i think it was 70 metres correct me if im wrong here andy, i took three shots again all of the bipod puttinh all three in the same hole punching a hole clean through andys target as can be seen in the pics , all in a great day out and very informative and andy was a great host cheers for a great day out andy

Sandy - glad you enjoyed. As I said, thank you for great company.

Fetish? I only retail and use knives, my fetish is '------' - but we'd only just met

Got your text this morning - will reply direct.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

great pictures, and thanks for donating and bidding

andy has a few more pics which one of us will post up soon, and glad to have helped out a good cause