Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Panacur

Panacur

Can anyone give the mixture for Panacur with water I am wanting to worm the pheasants I have had the mixture in the past but lost it ,I will use 2.5% Panacur which is used for sheep.

100 ml per 100 litres of drinking water regards pete .

I use 10 % as opposed to the 2.5 stuff and use 5ml per gallon of water .the coughing won't stop for a couple of days till the dead worm can eventually be chucked up ,been a bad year for one of my pens this year .
    Last edited by norma 308; 25-09-2012 at 17:27.

Just FYI what you are proposing is illegal. It's either Flubenvet in feed or a vet prescription.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

And Emtril?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    And Emtril?
    Behave, you!

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Just FYI what you are proposing is illegal. It's either Flubenvet in feed or a vet prescription.
    I suppose it is a case of wether you let your birds die or treat them
    birds with such worms/gapes don't really feed but they do drink
    flubenvet is expensive and only works if you catch it early enough
    at what point do you get a vet involved ... At what sort of cost is that
    and what would you recommend if the birds are coughing but not eating??
    Last edited by stone; 25-09-2012 at 22:48.

Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    I suppose it is a case of wether you let your birds die or treat them
    birds with such worms/gapes don't really feed but they do drink
    flubenvet is expensive and only works if you catch it early enough
    at what point do you get a vet involved ... At what sort of cost is that
    and what would you recommend if the birds are coughing but not eating??
    Seriously what is the cost of a driven bird presented to guns? 25? More less?

If you brought me a freshly dead bird or a sick one and it was sacrificed for a post mortem [assuming it was something simple like gapeworm] the diagnosis could be confirmed and I could sell you a product that is designed to be administered through the drinking water for not much more than 100 (less than the cost of 5 birds).

All legal and above board. More importantly you are using a product that will be effective. Sheep drench not designed to be administered through drinking water.

Is that expensive? I don't think so. Total waste of money if something else is wrong with the birds or by miss-using medicines the worms become resistant (especially likely if you under-dose).

A post mortem and medication for a good pen of birds for not much more than 100. Not at my vets.

Thanks all looks like its flubenvent then.