Mounting Pulsar N750

daw

I am considering buying a Pulsar N750 to mount on a .223.

I have yet to buy the .223 but have a slot and am looking for suitable rifle.

I have been offered a Ruger M77 Mk2 but I believe these have unique scope mounting system.

Any advice please?

Regards David

I am considering buying a Pulsar N750 to mount on a .223.

I have yet to buy the .223 but have a slot and am looking for suitable rifle.

I have been offered a Ruger M77 Mk2 but I believe these have unique scope mounting system.

Any advice please?

Regards David

Not sure about the Ruger mounting system, but you will need a weaver rail to fit the Pulsar. I would be surprised if they do not do a Weaver rail for a Ruger. You will probably need a 1 piece rail as well.

Cheers

Ross

As Ross has said, you can get a Ruger to Picatinny/Weaver converter - which you need anyway. Some choice on the net for these. I love my Ruger!

I'd be questioning the spend on the Pulsar, not the rifle! For that sort of money, go Starlight - a much more flexible NV option.

As Ross has said, you can get a Ruger to Picatinny/Weaver converter - which you need anyway. Some choice on the net for these. I love my Ruger!

I'd be questioning the spend on the Pulsar, not the rifle! For that sort of money, go Starlight - a much more flexible NV option.

With a decent IR source the N750 will kick the butt of all the add on systems I have yet tried and you won't get a very good tube from Starlight for that sort of money either.

This is the sort of thing you will need to mount the Pulsar:

http://www.egwguns.com/ruger/ruger-m-77-picatinny-rail-mount/

Not tried this product myself but EGW have a very good rep for making quality gear

With a decent IR source the N750 will kick the butt of all the add on systems I have yet tried and you won't get a very good tube from Starlight for that sort of money either.

This is the sort of thing you will need to mount the Pulsar:

http://www.egwguns.com/ruger/ruger-m-77-picatinny-rail-mount/

Not tried this product myself but EGW have a very good rep for making quality gear

Yeah sorry - should have put the link to EGW.

Anthony, at the risk of hijacking the thread, I think you need to do a bit more investigation on Starlight - even the Grade D tubes are very good quality - and with a good scope is a much more flexibleoption than fixed NV - which was my original point - able to use better optics and higher mag, use both day and night etc. As you say in your post it is the quality of the IR source that makes the Pulsar deliver - but then a good IR source will make Gen1 pretty good too.

Yeah sorry - should have put the link to EGW.

Anthony, at the risk of hijacking the thread, I think you need to do a bit more investigation on Starlight - even the Grade D tubes are very good quality - and with a good scope is a much more flexibleoption than fixed NV - which was my original point - able to use better optics and higher mag, use both day and night etc. As you say in your post it is the quality of the IR source that makes the Pulsar deliver - but then a good IR source will make Gen1 pretty good too.

I can't disagree with the flexibility angle but I have a dedicated NV rifle so a fixed scope is no problem for me.

I also have a Gen 3 PVS-14 with a Pinnacle tube in it, which is genarally accepted to be one the best available and yet when comparing this as an add-on to the N750, I much prefer the Pulsar it gives a more usable picture out to longer distance than the PVS, but each to their own. :)

I can't disagree with the flexibility angle but I have a dedicated NV rifle so a fixed scope is no problem for me.

I also have a Gen 3 PVS-14 with a Pinnacle tube in it, which is genarally accepted to be one the best available and yet when comparing this as an add-on to the N750, I much prefer the Pulsar it gives a more usable picture out to longer distance than the PVS, but each to their own. :)

I think having the N750 and a PVS-14 is plain greedy...so please sell me the PVS-14.....!!

Back