Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: todays shooting times?

todays shooting times?

did anybody read the letter in todays shooting times?
    re the recent offering of a bison cull on here, the writer found it " distastefull""
    and asked if it brought stalking into disrepute

Fantastic - as if we haven't got enough problems with anti's finding our sport 'distasteful'. Park animals have to be culled, and what difference does it make if the owner tries to supplement their income by selling the trophy? The bison was cleanly shot by an experienced stalker with a suitable calibre and the correct conditions on his FAC.
    Last edited by Moonraker68; 26-09-2012 at 16:47.

I also find it distaste full as will many others but this is an open forum with many different types of members. Its just an opinion!!
    Mooraker please do not join my sport of deer stalking with the shooting of a captive non native animal please now that would be wrong on all levels.

Not seen it yet but why would the author imply it brings stalking into disrepute when it has absolutely nothing to do with stalking and had never been badged as such? Is it because of the link to the SD? when the ST publish such a letter there should be a balanced, informed, researched reply from the editor if for no other reason because we are all in some way singing from the same hymn sheet. Too much garbage is printed by magazines nowadays in an effort to fill page space and I hear from someone in the business there are publications struggling for material.

It was the shooting of an animal destined for culling anyway. Someone had to squeeze the trigger on it...

I think this is what happens when folk see something advertised and assume it is a 'canned hunt', which this clearly was not but to some may be perceived as such.

I got asked by a friend to shoot a horse once in an enclosed field because it was suffering from an untreatable nasal infection. It was done under the supervision if a vet. Now if that had been advertised for sale...

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    did anybody read the letter in todays shooting times?
    re the recent offering of a bison cull on here, the writer found it " distastefull""
    and asked if it brought stalking into disrepute
    not really stalking now is it.may as well walk up and shoot a cow,each to there own I susspose.I remeber quite a few heated arguments over "canned hunting" which this is.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Mooraker please do not join my sport of deer stalking with the shooting of a captive non native animal please now that would be wrong on all levels.
    6pointer, my post was rushed. What I was trying to say is that there are elements of society who disagree with the shooting of animals for any reason whatsoever. I believe that we should think carefully before openly criticising any aspect of shooting as long as it is done in accordance with the law. It is a matter of personal choice.

personally i dont have a problem with it , the animal needed culling. why do it yourself when someone would pay to do it

I do'nt do it or want to do it so it must be wrong!
    Some people need to get a life. We should all be in this together without bitching about something someone else is doing or wants to do that is legal.

Rem

The person that shot it and the owner that had it shot have done nothing illegal so what's the pproblem
    regards andy

+ 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    personally i dont have a problem with it , the animal needed culling. why do it yourself when someone would pay to do it