Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: first crack agt reloading success

  1. #1

    first crack agt reloading success

    Ok,following from all my posts and everyones kind input.Had a very successfull evening at the range tonight,and in all honesty i am extatic with the results.I started with .2 increments in powder,with results varying up to and eventually 39gr,much better than any factoryammo Ive had.
    I know it's early days but i have a few tweeks to go.
    1 thing i didn't do was trim the cse,the only reason were the sizes were carying in length but the over all cartridge lengths were similar,wtith bullet seated similar in all loads.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000179.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	283.1 KB 
ID:	19598

    Thanks again for everyones help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1000179.jpg  

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by gelert View Post
    Ok,following from all my posts and everyones kind input.Had a very successfull evening at the range tonight,and in all honesty i am extatic with the results.I started with .2 increments in powder,with results varying up to and eventually 39gr,much better than any factoryammo Ive had.
    I know it's early days but i have a few tweeks to go.
    1 thing i didn't do was trim the cse,the only reason were the sizes were carying in length but the over all cartridge lengths were similar,wtith bullet seated similar in all loads.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000179.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	283.1 KB 
ID:	19598

    Thanks again for everyones help.
    You've got something right there! Make sure you record all the details. I've forgotten to do this more than once thinking I would remember.

    Just be careful with case length. The cases may not have needed trimming this time round but with resizing they will soon stretch and the last thing you want is pressure problems if the case starts encroaching on the lands.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    You've got something right there! Make sure you record all the details. I've forgotten to do this more than once thinking I would remember.

    Just be careful with case length. The cases may not have needed trimming this time round but with resizing they will soon stretch and the last thing you want is pressure problems if the case starts encroaching on the lands.
    Wow!! that sure is one serious problem if the case stretches to anywhere near the lands

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chamber-1-1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	19618
    If you look at the drawing of a chamber you will see that the problem that we avoid by trimming cases
    is at the juncture of the neck and 'second shoulder'.
    An over length case will 'crimp' a bullet at this point causing pressure problems.
    Last edited by j0e_bl0ggs; 27-09-2012 at 05:39. Reason: Pic.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by j0e_bl0ggs View Post
    Wow!! that sure is one serious problem if the case stretches to anywhere near the lands

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chamber-1-1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	19618
    If you look at the drawing of a chamber you will see that the problem that we avoid by trimming cases
    is at the juncture of the neck and 'second shoulder'.
    An over length case will 'crimp' a bullet at this point causing pressure problems.
    Well done jb. You knew what I was getting at! Where did you find the picture?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by gelert View Post
    Ok,following from all my posts and everyones kind input.Had a very successfull evening at the range tonight,and in all honesty i am extatic with the results.I started with .2 increments in powder,with results varying up to and eventually 39gr,much better than any factoryammo Ive had.
    I know it's early days but i have a few tweeks to go.
    1 thing i didn't do was trim the cse,the only reason were the sizes were carying in length but the over all cartridge lengths were similar,wtith bullet seated similar in all loads.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000179.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	283.1 KB 
ID:	19598

    Thanks again for everyones help.
    Excellent results - is the 5 shots?

Similar Threads

  1. " Grinding The Crack"
    By johngryphon in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 22-02-2012, 19:59
  2. supersonic crack
    By pj1 in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15-04-2011, 19:00
  3. DMQ 2 Success!!!
    By joncarnage in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 22-12-2010, 20:20
  4. Crack me up this ebay add
    By Mannlicher_Stu in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-11-2010, 16:58
  5. From Certificate to Success
    By Tom270 in forum Articles & Write Ups
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 20:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •