Thread: About Zeiss Duralyt Riflescopes possible image distortion

About Zeiss Duralyt Riflescopes possible image distortion

Here you can see some distortion of this scope:
    Attachment 19619

Also mentioned her: Rifle Scope Review: OL Ranks the Best New Scopes for 2012
    "the scope wowed us with low-light performance and mechanical precision. We were disappointed with the Duralytís resolution, and testers noticed edge distortion and some blue color fringing"

Note: this is my 1s post so cannot add complete web links...

Posting an introduction as per the site rules would be a good idea.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

I've noticed an out of focus ring around the image of each of the 5 or 6 duralyts I've looked through and have always been surprised that no-one seems to mention this when recommending them in forums such as these.
    Personally, I'd have to say I think the image quality is disappointing and I wouldn't buy one.

If the Duralyt was optically equal to their premium scopes no-one would buy the good ones.

The Duralyt range (IMO) are excellent scopes with good field of view and good low light performance. They are the best scopes I have owned. I bet if I spent another grand then I might gain a fraction more clarity at the edge of the image and an extra 5 minutes of shooting at last light.

The value for money is fantastic IMO.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

I was disappointed with mine, the finish was nothing great, plastic turret covers, ok optics, one reticle, not great under a lamp either. I had a conquest 3-12x56 and it was much better scope than the Duralyt in every respect.

I have a S&B 6 x 42 on my .243 and a Duraly 3-12 X 50 on 6.5

When I have the time I will change them around. The S&B is better than the Zeiss and I have noticed a bit of blurr around the edges, but for what I paid it does what it says on the tin, is fine in all the circumstances I use it.

Just wish I'd spent a little more on an S&B 8 x 56 second hand though.

No issues with mine at all, crystal clear no blurred edge. As stated, for the money very good value in my book...

Alba gu brŗth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Quote Originally Posted by jackfish View Post
    No issues with mine at all, crystal clear no blurred edge. As stated, for the money very good value in my book...
    +1

Friend of mine had to send his one back too zeiss. The eye piece had started too come loose and could me moved about by ur hand. Sent back too zeiss and still waiting for reply what went wrong. And thats a scope thats not even a year old. Mayb is a case of them
    not being as good as the other top of the range zeiss scopes