Thread: Blaser R8 Pro in >300wm for driven boar

Blaser R8 Pro in >300wm for driven boar

I really fancy one of these for boar in France and elsewhere and as a back up to my 6.5x55 on big deer in uk. I want a between the hands type of rifle, not too heavy or ponderous, but am worried that the .300wm is a bit mighty for a relatively light rifle. I hope somebody will say that it is the perfect answer. If not, would a .708 be better? Advice please.Todhunter

Quote Originally Posted by Todhunter View Post
    I really fancy one of these for boar in France and elsewhere and as a back up to my 6.5x55 on big deer in uk. I want a between the hands type of rifle, not too heavy or ponderous, but am worried that the .300wm is a bit mighty for a relatively light rifle. I hope somebody will say that it is the perfect answer. If not, would a .708 be better? Advice please.Todhunter
    I would have no hesitation using a 300. The Blaser handles very well, the weight is between your hands and the stock is very straight and handles recoil well. Plus you will be shooting standing upright and off hand. You will just roll with the recoil. No bother at all.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

+1 The Blaser 300 win mag i am selling really does not recoil badly at all, i have had much harder recoiling 308's in the past! I was very concerned about it but with the kick stop in the stock and the kick eez recoil pad i have had fitted and the mod its an absolute dream to shoot, i use Hornady 180gr SST's and they shoot very well and hit very hard.

Thanks guys, encouraged, will pm RPA6mmBR,Todhunter