Thread: Spear Hunting the hard way!

Exclamation Spear Hunting the hard way!

Removed for obvious reasons
    Last edited by JAYB; 27-09-2012 at 16:56.

I am not squeamish, but this is one of the nastiest things I have seen on You Tube.

I am not blind to it happening, but I would rather not watch, I only lasted about 20 second into it, the first Elephant shots had me hitting the stop button.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

yea..... well that was brutal........ not really stalking related tho is it.....

I am with niel on this not for me at all .

I have to agree with Neil as well. Pretty disgusting to be honest... This is a thread that should be removed.

While I wholly support and respect admin’s decision to remove this post, I must just state my reason for it’s inclusion.

The original link was sent to me by a close friend and old Africa hand, and like anyone I was shocked and appalled by the harrowing scenes in the footage but I was also deeply humbled by the stark reality of the methods employed out of what is sheer necessity. To me personally it was a timely reminder of what it means to call oneself a Hunter.
    JDW

Quote Originally Posted by JDW View Post
    While I wholly support and respect admin’s decision to remove this post, I must just state my reason for it’s inclusion.

The original link was sent to me by a close friend and old Africa hand, and like anyone I was shocked and appalled by the harrowing scenes in the footage but I was also deeply humbled by the stark reality of the methods employed out of what is sheer necessity. To me personally it was a timely reminder of what it means to call oneself a Hunter.
    JDW
    if its for meat and therefore for survival, then the end justifies the means, unfortunately. It's not sport, full,stop.

Quote Originally Posted by JDW View Post

JDW
    Your intentions may have been of the highest order, unfortunately the video, which "shocked and appalled" you was not not, so I removed it.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

I applaud your decision John, there is a wide difference between survival and deer stalking.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.