Thread: When it all goes quiet...ATTACK found on (USA) hunting forum

When it all goes quiet...ATTACK found on (USA) hunting forum

My magnum is a .391 Rumpripper Magnum. I have a 40 power scope on it with a laser range finder and a bullet tracking GPS.

My bullets are packed in salt.

They need to be so that my game doesn't rot because I shoot game so far away that it'd be ruined by the time I can walk the 5 ridge lines over to it. The salt preserves the critter.

The GPS bullet tracker is an important component to my shooting as well because often the game I drop is so far away that it'll be covered in snow and or the mountain will have changed elevation before I can walk over to it.

Last edited by Jollypoacher; 27-09-2012 at 15:52.

That should get a response from the people with no sence of humor
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

It was a wildcat. I this version was also environmentally friendly. They used a vinegar primer and bicarb of soda powder.

Had one.
    Got rid of it.
    "Never shoot farther than you care to drive!" is my motto....~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Had one.
    Got rid of it.
    "Never shoot farther than you care to drive!" is my motto....~Muir
    I strive to keep myself in the same timezone as my target, sometimes I fail....
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    I strive to keep myself in the same timezone as my target, sometimes I fail....
    The curse of excellence.....~Muir

The curvature of the earth has always been a thorn in my side...

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68 View Post
    The curvature of the earth has always been a thorn in my side...
    Use the force young Jedi!

[QUOTE=Jollypoacher;445778]My magnum is a .391 Rumpripper Magnum. I have a 40 power scope on it with a laser range finder and a bullet tracking GPS.

My bullets are packed in salt.

They need to be so that my game doesn't rot because I shoot game so far away that it'd be ruined by the time I can walk the 5 ridge lines over to it. The salt preserves the critter.

The GPS bullet tracker is an important component to my shooting as well because often the game I drop is so far away that it'll be covered in snow and or the mountain will have changed elevation before I can walk over to it.

It really winds me up all you long range shooters using your super duper projectiles , you should be more like me use a bow with standard tipped arrow (very little meat damage) you do get a lot of runners but its worth it in the end for every 34.7 animals shot you bag 1

What with the price of diesel now I try to keep my shots down to the 50-60 miles,but each to their own.