Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your opinion?

What's your opinion?

Just after some views before I decide or not.
    I'm considering covering the tail gate of my pickup with reflective material but to be different I was going to do a Confederate flag designe.
    At work due to my shooting / stalking activities I'm regularly called a "redneck / hillbilly" and think the designe would be fitting.
    However the flag appears to represent many different things, I like the thought of sticking 2 fingers up at the gun control establishment but don't want to be associated with racism.
    Your views please
    Wingy

are you not just increasing your chances of getting pulled over and getting hassle from the police? I'd also think resale value of the truck would decrease.

I don't see giving stick to the gun control 'establishment' as racism, unless indeed police are indeed a different race! but I do see it as counter-productive.

just my POV

Dificult one this, context is the important factor. The Confederate flag on a bumper is one thing, the same flag being flown at a KKK or similar rally is something all together different. Whenever I see one I think of Daisy Duke and that ain't such a bad thing.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

Wingy,
    To me it always sends a message out of rebellion "southern rebels" and you do see these flags hanging off harleys from angels gangs in Europe.
    I think it sends totally the wrong message out to any people you might come across while stalking who are on the fence about "blood sports". Your truck is a stalking advert while you are not near it also. The realtree pickup from Roy Lupton looks yank wanabee to me too.
    I have had 7 years living over there and the southern flag on a house trailer usually signified that white trash live here.
    They lost their war so it is over for them but they will not accept it.
    It is England where you live. If you want to play rebels then emigrate to the USA.
    How about having a swastika on the truck instead? they lost a war too, and you are neither American or German.
    Thats how the world works in my opinion.
    This is not meant to be a pissy type post but I cannot express it clearer any other way.
    Martin

Why not cover it with R.S.P.B and P.E.T.A stickers just to confuse and amuse

I 'do' know that I would be careful putting rude depictions of the prophet muhammed on the back of your truck! LOL

Forget the confederacy wingy you know you should put this on really
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Any other way of displaying the "thumbnail" can't open it from iPhone mobile version of SD

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Any other way of displaying the "thumbnail" can't open it from iPhone mobile version of SD
    Cancel, just viewed through "full site" a sticker like that would attract every thief in a 5 mile radius around these parts.
    Wingy

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn71 View Post
    Why not cover it with R.S.P.B and P.E.T.A stickers just to confuse and amuse

Absolutely great way of having a riot, Bambi's cleaves sticking out from under the tarp, & a bit of runoff down the bumpers!!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!