Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T3 Problem

T3 Problem

Hi Guys,

Im having problems with my t3 222 at the moment. When the rifle is empty and a close the bolt it closes no problem at all and its very smooth. However when i put a round in the chamber the bolt is still very smooth going forward but gets very though when i try to close the bolt down as if the round isnt in far enough. I have tried sako prvi & federal ammo 50 & 55 grain in its doing this with them all. The accuracy is not effected and the gun still shoots perfect other than this. Has anyone suffered anything similar and can throw some light on the subject?

Cheers Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Im having problems with my t3 222 at the moment. When the rifle is empty and a close the bolt it closes no problem at all and its very smooth. However when i put a round in the chamber the bolt is still very smooth going forward but gets very though when i try to close the bolt down as if the round isnt in far enough. I have tried sako prvi & federal ammo 50 & 55 grain in its doing this with them all. The accuracy is not effected and the gun still shoots perfect other than this. Has anyone suffered anything similar and can throw some light on the subject?

Cheers Rob

Have had the same problem with mine(.223)......have you had a replacement shroud fitted??

I can't offer much help. My CZ in .22 I can hardly close the bolt with any PPI ammo, and it's a shame because its cheap. Uses the Winchester or Remington no bother.

Is the gun new? If it used to take these rounds and now doesn't I'd be more concerned.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

I had exactly this problem with a more-or-less new T3 in .222, though it was only with Sako ammunition. Privi no problem.

After 80 or so rounds, the problem just went away.

Nope i have had no shrouds fitted, i havent done any modifications to the rifle at all. It used to fire these rounds no problem but the bolt seems to be getting harder and harder to close now.

have you thoroughly cleaned the chamber?
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

yeah gave it all a good clean out last nite and still stiff. Ive actually gave it a good thorough clean on a few occasions lately to try and sort the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    yeah gave it all a good clean out last nite and still stiff. Ive actually gave it a good thorough clean on a few occasions lately to try and sort the problem
    might be worth getting a wooden scraper to it, if it isn't a build up of crud then it sounds like a job for a gunsmith
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    have you thoroughly cleaned the chamber?
    ... and the bolt lug recess? Secondly, are you lubricating the bolt lugs? Regards JCS

Hi JCS,

I have had a look at the bolt lug recess and this all looks fine cant see and crap or build up there. Should i try cleaning it incase there is something i have missed? I dont really tend to use any lubricant in there as i have had bad experiences with that.

Rob