Thread: Now updated with photo's - Planning a hunting trip to South Africa

Now updated with photo's - Planning a hunting trip to South Africa

Attachment 19673Attachment 19674Attachment 19675Attachment 19676Attachment 19677Attachment 19678Attachment 19679Attachment 19680Attachment 19681Attachment 19682

If you’re thinking about planning a hunting trip to Africa then I can thoroughly recommend taking a look at Thorndale Safaris www.thorndalesafari.co.za

It’s a luxury 5 star lodge in a stunning setting with a commanding view over its own hunting grounds just under an hour’s drive from Port Elizabeth at the Southern tip of South Africa.
    It also has a Lapa Bush Camp set amidst indigenous trees and wildlife for the hunter who prefers the rustic simplicity of the African bushveld.

So whether you’re planning to go solo, with a group or perhaps take the family for a combined hunting/sightseeing adventure, you’ll find the Thorndale guys will put together a package that’ll be hard to beat.

For example, an all inclusive 7 day/6 night/6 animal management hunt package costs less than £1900 which is one of the reasons I regularly return to Thorndale each year.

Happy to give information or offer advice to any SD members contemplating a hunting trip to South Africa.
    Last edited by bobbroom; 28-09-2012 at 14:33.

Is that including flights

No, they will vary depending from where you fly and which airline.

If you plan to take your rifle and would normally fly from Heathrow then BA fly direct to Johannesburg from Terminal 5 with a 3 hour stopover (sufficient to get your hunting permit) before the domestic flight down to Port Elizabeth.
    I normally leave on a Saturday evening around 7:30pm and I'm in the Thorndale Lodge around midday on the Sunday.

If you google opodo you'll be able to see various flight options.
    Also, if you'd be planning to hire a gun rather than take your own then you've got a wider choice of flight cos you don't need the hunting permit processing time at joburg.
    Hope you find this helpful.