10 52.63%
  • Sika

3 15.79%
  • other

6 31.58%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name for new puppy

Name for new puppy

Right guys & Gals, we are having a debate in our house re a name for the puppy. We have come up with two, I won't say who's wanting what but I think that you'll guess. one name is Bramble and the other is Sika. What should it be? She's a black Cocker..

What other name then?

misty ,nice name and easy to call softly and put a hiss on the end to make her sit

Having the same debate here as Iím picking up my new Bavarian dog pup in june!!! Canít wait! I was thinking Sika but the misses says itís a girls name so back to the drawing board. Any views??

I think it is better if the name consists of voiced consonants, such as b, d, g instead of voiceless like p, t, or k. They are easier for dog to pick up, so I prefer Bramble

To my mind bitches are far harder to name than dogs. Took us ages to get the right ones for Willow and Holly.

The boys have been much simpler...Mars the choccy Lab, Phil (don't ask)and Bob the Springers, Higgins the jacky. I better stop before I go too far down memory lane.

For my money, Bramble. As long as it's got two sylables so you can change the emphasis.

DM
    Sika is a bad name choice for a cocker
    come to think of it it's a bad chioce for any dog that is soft as you pronouce siKA so it sounds like you are telling the dog off
    IG has the right idea with mist, had several cockers with that name and the brother in-law has one now
    or you could go with ginnny as a lively name for a lively dog
    i like names that go with the dogs training schedule
    if shooting then names like goose or snipe are out as most guns start swinging barrels round looking for the said item
    been there done that and still doing it with my springer snipe
    grouse bramble willow b***ard are good names for a unrully cocker aswell as holly
    but Maize that turns to maisy , or velvet , poppy and blacks
    are but a few
    then you could look at gun names like purdey
    i hav a ESS bitch called Fly
    names are so hard to choose aint they
    hav fun and choose quickly, as pup pup pup will soon wear out

Matbe call her "forward" or "Over" that'll go down well with the gentry too!
    I'm not sure what you meen with siKA, I can call Sika without highlighting the KA, or at least I think that I can.. I think that I'll go for Rover!

Matbe call her "forward" or "Over" that'll go down well with the gentry too!
    I'm not sure what you meen with siKA, I can call Sika without highlighting the KA, or at least I think that I can.. I think that I'll go for Rover!

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse
    I'm not sure what you meen with siKA,
    you soon will or it just might be me
    but looks like you might hav chosen your new name
    any pics of this bundle of joy
    ATB