Alternative to sako optilock mounts

WARDY1

Just got a new ziess scope and I could do with it coming back a bit in the mounts.

The only problem is scope is as far back as it will go.

Is there an alternative to sako optilock mounts so scopes can be set further back.

Steve

Can you not bring the front mount further back? It does not have to be all the way forward on the taper on the action.

Sounds like you have the wrong mount bases to me. What calibre is your rifle? You will need different Optilock bases for the Mk 3 or 4 action.
MS

I thought the front mount had to go all the way to the taper?

The end of the forward tube will not Tavel further back.

As I am lead to believe they are the correct mounts for a 7mm-08

Steve

I thought the front mount had to go all the way to the taper?

The end of the forward tube will not Tavel further back.

As I am lead to believe they are the correct mounts for a 7mm-08

Steve

I can't quite picture what is hitting what to stop the 'scope going further back.

If you're using separate bases and rings, I understand that the back face of the front base should be flush with the front face of the opening in the receiver, as in this pic http://forum.gon.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=182976&stc=1&d=1220918667

I further think that the front base in this pic is the short-action version, the long-action specimen having the ring and the fixing-screw swapped over fore-and-aft so that the ring is flush with the ejector opening: which in rifle in the pic would allow the 'scope to come back a little.

As mentioned, the Optilock extended front base would put the forward ring back over the opening in the receiver. I used on many years ago with a Weaver 'scope on an old Sako .243

Back