Thread: weaver rifle scope (about 30 years old)

weaver rifle scope (about 30 years old)

Good morning fellow stalkers, patrickt here.

can anyone point me in the right direction??, I have a weaver scope V9, bought about 30 years ago, yes that's right, and still in good condition (I have weaver scopes on all my rifles), I recently took the old fellow out for some target practise, but... It does not seem as clear as my tactical scope, or my binoculars, my question is, does anyone know were I can send it to for refurbishment

I would be entirely grateful for your help

patrickt

The scope doctor in southampton, he did one for me -well pleased

Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    Good morning fellow stalkers, patrickt here.

can anyone point me in the right direction??, I have a weaver scope V9, bought about 30 years ago, yes that's right, and still in good condition (I have weaver scopes on all my rifles), I recently took the old fellow out for some target practise, but... It does not seem as clear as my tactical scope, or my binoculars, my question is, does anyone know were I can send it to for refurbishment

I would be entirely grateful for your help

patrickt
    It's nice to hear someone admit that they aren't using mega-priced German optics. I've had two K4's (duplex) and a V7 (crosshair) on my stalking rifles since the mid '80's which haven't ever let me down or misted up.

The lenses do have a yellowish twinge, and aren't quite as bright as the newer 'scopes I've got on other rifles, but this isn't really a crippling handicap.

I would think that a total rebuild is the only option, rather than refurbishment. I haven't been able to find this optics doctor myself with Google, but think it would be just as cheap to buy a budget-priced Leupold if you've lost faith in your Weaver Steel-Lite.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Patrick

I got a scope serviced here some time ago, and have taken binoculars in from time to time. Worth giving them a bell.

http://glasgowbinocularrepairs.bttradespace.com/

Regards JCS

Try Richard at Action optics in Southampton. he might be able to do it but it's only a phone call to ask.

I believe that there a Weaver El Paso scope serving place in the US but I have no details of it .................... Sorry. I had a mint K4W but it seems to be missing since Plod visited.

Viking Optics in Glasgow = I just drop my repairs into the Edniburgh branch & they send them across for you