Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sd scotland week.

sd scotland week.

well what a week, we had a farmer,pensioner,construction workers, forester,drainage worker and a posh bloke. a mixed bag but what a laugh.
    i,d like to thank sikamalc and the mrs,andy, wadas,csl and jayb. we all had a ball and plenty of laughs.
    just started this thread so we can all post under one post. will do abit off a write up later when i,ve got time(its my turn to have kids for some reason lol) but please guy's feel free too add any write up's or pics.
    jonny and i would like to thank everyone including all the lads for a cracking week with new friends who we will keep in touch with
    stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

Quote Originally Posted by stav View Post
    well what a week, we had a farmer,pensioner,construction workers, forester,drainage worker and a posh bloke. a mixed bag but what a laugh.
    i,d like to thank sikamalc and the mrs,andy, wadas,csl and jayb. we all had a ball and plenty of laughs.
    just started this thread so we can all post under one post. will do abit off a write up later when i,ve got time(its my turn to have kids for some reason lol) but please guy's feel free too add any write up's or pics.
    jonny and i would like to thank everyone including all the lads for a cracking week with new friends who we will keep in touch with
    stav
    Its good to hear you had fun. Malc and Jayb are 2 top blokes.

Nutty

Nice one stav it was a pleasure meeting you all, im glad everone enjoyed it. when i have had some kip i will try and get a couple of photos on. like you say we are from all different back grounds but everyone made all welcome and we had a great week. Whats it like being a trophy hunter ????? Lol.

all i,ll say on that for now is move over sikamalc as sikastav has arrived lol
    stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

good lad, i ment too get your autograph

As above, many thanks to Stay for inviting a complete stranger into his home, preparing a great meal, and allowing me to travel up with him and his mate Johnnie, to the other guys, thanks for a week with no bitching, great meals from Jimbo and Stav, good banter from all and great stalking in a challenging environment, on deer that were switched on and testing. As said Alix, Wadas, and Andy made learning the areas, the deer reactions, and the requirements to stalk them, invaluable, to Malcolm for his complete professionalism and attention to detail, and Sandra for her cottage pie sandwiches and buckets of tea. So thank you all for your hospitality, friendship, and experiences gained over the years passed on freely, and those experienced this during this week, I CANT REMEMBER A PENSIONER, just a great bunch of people and a bloke who sticks metal poles up and loses them, It was great to see the guys bursting with adrenaline fueled vitality as they related their latest stalking exploits, the last night get together, and for me the amazing Caledonian forest, an Amazonian rain forest here in the U.K. untouched by man and unique. deerwarden.

Calvin and I got back to mine just before 2000 last night and some of you will be pleased to know there was no police tape around the house so it was all good! Also, we didn't have to go back for anything this time!

It was a pleasure meeting you all and although there were a few I didn't manage to get out on the hill or forest with it was great to be in the company of a bunch of like-minded people and the laughs were non-stop!

Here are a few photos... apologies for the crap quality, I forgot my camera so these were taken on the phone...

Group Shot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000482.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	338.9 KB 
ID:	19731

Rainbow on the hill

Name:	WP_000474.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	19726

Senior Guide tika.308 (or is that ex-senior guide? ) loading the truck for another run to the gamedealers

Name:	WP_000471.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	295.0 KB 
ID:	19724

Calvin's first red stag (and the second trip up the hill in as many days to retrieve!)

Name:	WP_000475.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	291.7 KB 
ID:	19727

BMH Training.... the Polish way.

Name:	WP_000476.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	177.2 KB 
ID:	19728

Johnny, Stand-in Butler

Name:	WP_000480.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	340.5 KB 
ID:	19730

Wadas' Masterclass in garage-skinning for JAYB's freezer, supervised by JAYB

Name:	WP_000473.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	216.7 KB 
ID:	19725

This, apparently, is a 'Pie Butty'

Name:	WP_000477.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	226.1 KB 
ID:	19729

And this, apparently, is the result of a 'Pie Butty'

Name:	WP_000469.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	245.8 KB 
ID:	19723

Any more photos, get 'em up here!!

Brilliant Alex! I just can't believe you forgetting your camera, I thought that it was surgically attached to your arm. Well at least it's better than forgetting something else.
    Looks like a good week though you are going to have to do something about the new butler he isn't such an elegant dresser as the last one. Wadas I now know where the expression tea belly comes from!
    Last edited by 8x57; 30-09-2012 at 10:47.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Is that Wadas wearing his "shabby chic" PJ's in that shot Alex

Senior Guide tika.308 (or is that ex-senior guide? ) loading the truck for another run to the gamedealers
    Just to clear this up, he still retains his Senior Guide status, in fact he is the only one. It is the little things that set him apart, the ability to spot an angler with a Salmon on the hook and then head to the river bank, whilst wearing the off road slippers, and use the net to effect a perfect landing of the fish, outstanding! You can't train a man for that it is born in him.

Wadas I'm glad to say earned his NMB qualification this year, thats Nearly Master Butcher, with an extremely competent skinning and butchering of a young Roe prickett. Two weeks earlier and he could have performed on a red stag and got his advanced certificate, as it was I had to do it my bloody self!

You Alex, I'm still totting up the score to see what category you will fit into, don't worry I will find one for you I'm just trying to marry up stalking and IT gangster all into one.

It was good to meet you all.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Just to reiterate the others comments. What a week! Had an absolutely great time, great bunch of lads and some excellent stalking. I eventually got home around 10pm after 13.5 hours of driving, a number of minor detours; to counter sign a friends FAC application in staffordshire, picking up my mothers dog in herefordshire, and dropping a phone charger off with my brother in wiltshire....it was worth all the commuting time!

Particular highlights were:
    - Stalking to within about 15-20m of a huge 8 point sika stag and watching him for 10-15 minutes as he was feeding blissfully unaware of me, no photo sorry.
    - Shooting my first wild red stag, a six pointer that I managed to bag on the last outing of the week.

Name:	IMAG0302.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	464.6 KB 
ID:	19736
    - Experiancing some of the best scenery that the highlands has to offer.
    - Meeting a great bunch of lads!

I would like to thank Malc for putting the trip on, definatly an experiance! I'd also like to thank Sandra, John, Wadas, Andy and Alex for their time in helping out and making the trip such an experaince. What a fantastic group of people, all of whom put in huge amounts of effort to make the trip as good as it was.

I'd also like to thank the other lads who attended for making such good banter, even if i will now have to spend the next few weeks trying to stop the dog from begging for beer cans.

Now for the interesting bit....boiling out "southern style"!

Name:	IMAG0303.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	347.9 KB 
ID:	19739
    It may not be as big as a devon red but its a damn sight bigger than anything else I've ever shot and dealt with.

Thanks again all, i hope to catch up again in the future.

Jim