Thread: Electronic callers

Electronic callers

Can somebody tell me if it is legal to use an electronic caller to shoot deer with either in England or Scotland, not interested in doing so myself and don't believe in them myself but my friend handed me a magazine today and a chap in there used one to call and shoot a sika stag I've seen many people say on here it's illegal but does anybody no for sure?

Not sure that it is, its illegal to use one to call birds to shoot, legal for photography, legal for foxing, deer not 100% sure but think its legal, but why? learn to a use traditional call much more satisfaction when you get it right.
    Last edited by bogtrotter; 29-09-2012 at 19:30.

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Not sure that it is, its illegal to use one to call birds to shoot, legal for photography, legal for foxing, deer not 100% sure but think its legal, but why? learn to a use traditional a call much more satisfaction when you get it right.
    Oh I could not agree more what I could not understand is why somebody would basically advocate there use for deer in a shooting magazine, I certainly do not believe in them in anyway shape or form.....

No different than using a buttalo

At the Midland there was a chap enquiring about the cass creek caller, I overheard him ask if a deer call could be downloaded and the sales chappie said "yes, but only for photography purposes of course"
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

It's only illegal if you get caught . As Swarovski said can't see it is any different to a buttalo.

maybe BASC can clear up this point