Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dachshund pup

Dachshund pup

Me and the Mrs (basically just the mrs) are thinking of getting a 'Miniature' Dachshund as a pet. So, will I be able to turn its hand to deer work easily enough? Probably won't be coming from currently working parents but would I be right in thinking it should have a good nose on it?

All / any input greatly received!

Regards

Tom
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Have a look at my thread. If it can't find deer there's always another option
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...p/49094-Teckel

Have a word with davo Tom he's got one

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	274.5 KB 
ID:	19770
    Well we took the plunge this aft, hope he turns out to be a good 'un. Primarily he's going to be a pet but fingers crossed ill be able to use him on deer!

tom

Our friends bitch has just had a liiter, if you want any details let me know.

[QUOTE=tjwaines;446895]Me and the Mrs (basically just the mrs) are thinking of getting a 'Miniature' Dachshund as a pet. So, will I be able to turn its hand to deer work easily enough? Probably won't be coming from currently working parents but would I be right in thinking it should have a good nose on it?

All / any input greatly received!

Hi Mate I was after a dog for hunting and the mrs wouldn't allow me to get what I wanted so we ventured to getting a dacshund.Only had her for two months and she is ten months old. She has no history of hunting etc...
    She is doing great follows trails of blood spots with the reward at the end and that ain't no lie.
    She has great temperment and great off the lead, what has impressed me is her level of fitness.
    There is quite of a lot of deer were I am and I know the paths that they take to the open land, I dot a bit of blood along the path so she gets there trailing scent when walking.

Where aboouts are you..??

Check the clips on you tube I was quite impressed with how many clips there was on there with dacshunds.
    I prefer to use the word dacshund than sauage dog for obvious reasons

Can anyone recommend a good book for training Dachshund's? Don't know if I should be letting him rag toys about or not etc!

Tom

Just picking up on this one too. We had a Weimaraner for 13 years who was....a typical Weimaraner really. He died about 3 years ago and my wife is thinking about getting a Dachshund. I'm thinking great.....Deer Dog. Would it need to be a Teckel, or would any dachshund do?