Thread: Hard to find 300 win mag rounds

Hard to find 300 win mag rounds

I have a nice new shiny 300 win mag rifle but I am waiting on an ammunition order coming in to my local dealer. I have been waiting a while and they don't seem to be in a hurry to deliver. Does anyone in the East Anglia area know of a dealer who might have some in stock? I will phone round tomorrow anyway but it would be good if I could priorities my calls onto the ones that are suggested here, if any.
    Thanks in advance.

I have some brass and dies if you were thinking of going down the reloading route.

Account Suspended
    had the same arse ache with 300wsm gave up and sticking to the 270 shame really seam dealers are not botherd unless there moving shed loads of the stuff good luck with yours

I hope that you've got a decent overdraft ready for when you find some! I heard someone the other day tell me that they were paying 50 a box for .30-'06!

I love the .300 wm but I can't imagine shooting one without hand loading, come to think about it, I don't think that I've ever even seen a .300wm factory round.

Glyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    I hope that you've got a decent overdraft ready for when you find some! I heard someone the other day tell me that they were paying 50 a box for .30-'06!

I love the .300 wm but I can't imagine shooting one without hand loading, come to think about it, I don't think that I've ever even seen a .300wm factory round. Glyn.

Glyn, I think I have managed to sourse some Remmington 180gr SP's but don't want to count my chickens before they are hatched. I have been quoted 32.35 for 20. I will hopefully have them on or arround next Monday and I will get out and try them. I have always intended on getting myself set up with a reloading system, getting this factory stuff will give me a bit of time to get all the kit I need over the next few months rather than fork out for it all at the same time. Isn't our sport costly. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by blunderbust View Post
    Glyn, I think I have managed to sourse some Remmington 180gr SP's but don't want to count my chickens before they are hatched. I have been quoted 32.35 for 20. I will hopefully have them on or arround next Monday and I will get out and try them. I have always intended on getting myself set up with a reloading system, getting this factory stuff will give me a bit of time to get all the kit I need over the next few months rather than fork out for it all at the same time. Isn't our sport costly. LOL.
    You can get a lee hand press kit for around 40 a few other bits and your ready to start reloading that's what I did and glad I did I could not afford to run my swede on factory ammo so reloading was the only sensible way forward.....

Thanks to everyone for replying to my thread, especialy Yorkie who put me on to Fieldcraft who did have them in stock. However from having no hope when I first put up the thread to now having a confirmed delivery of 200 x Remmington Core-lokt 180gr from my local dealer, a second confirmation of 200 at another dealer not to far away from me and of course the knowledge that Fieldcraft also have them I am now happy. Buy the way the most expensive price quote was from Fieldcraft at 34.85 for 20 x Hornady 180gr SP Interlock.

I will now use the factory ammo over the next few months which will allow me to buy and build up all my reloading gear kit over that time rather than forking out in a one of payment and of course I will use the cases to reload since they will be fire formed for my rifle.

Thanks again.