Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prvi partizan ammunition

Prvi partizan ammunition

Hi All,
    Need some help on PPU ammunition. Got a bit fed up with the price of some of the top end ammo out there, so I thought I would try some PPU in my Remmy 308. 13.50 a box. I am getting 1 1/2in groups at 100m off of quad sticks, almost the same as Federal ammo. I have not used them on live quarry as yet. Can anyone tell me how they perform on let's say - a well placed heart/lung shot. I am pleased they are cheap but would rather spend more if you think they won't do the job properly. Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
    All the best
    John

They work just fine used them in 243 and 308 for deer and for fox and munty in 222
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

SD Regular
    Yep - no problem in 270. I just cant get hold of them....!!
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Used to use them in my .308. Sometimes it would shoot well other times it would not. I had one shot that dropped 1.5 foot short of the target . That said never had any problems with them expanding and killing the animals.

I then sold my .308 and got my .243 The .243 does not like PPU at all.

I have now moved on to Geco ammo (18 a box) which certainly looks much better made and shoots way better through my rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by JSW View Post
    Hi All,
    Need some help on PPU ammunition. Got a bit fed up with the price of some of the top end ammo out there, so I thought I would try some PPU in my Remmy 308. 13.50 a box. I am getting 1 1/2in groups at 100m off of quad sticks, almost the same as Federal ammo. I have not used them on live quarry as yet. Can anyone tell me how they perform on let's say - a well placed heart/lung shot. I am pleased they are cheap but would rather spend more if you think they won't do the job properly. Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
    All the best
    John
    I shoot 7mm, 6mm, 308 and 6.5mm PPU bullets in handloads. My son in law killed two good whitetails with 165 grain 30-06 PPU factory. His step father killed one with 30-06 using handloads with the same bullet. My daughter shot a good buck using factory 100 grain 243. All died well and quick. I shot two large mulie does with 140 grain 7mm bullet in handloads. Both were lung shots and they dropped within 10 yards of where they were hit. I shot a large whitetail doe with a head on shot with the same load. All three of these were beyond 150 yards.~Muir
    Last edited by Muir; 30-09-2012 at 18:16.

Cant quote on 308 but if ive no time to load ammo I have no qualms about using them in 222 or 243...

i,ve been using them from the start but change too sako a couple of weeks ago but will be going back too them as they shoot the same. 10.50 a box against 23.50 a box.
    no brainer
    stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

use them all the time 60 per 100 no problem hope people keep knocking them dont want a price increase

Just been given a box of 139 gr 6.5 my Norma ammo is 40 a box for both the 6.5 and the 308 and the the 22/250 is 30 + a box more than doubled since I started shooting.
    I may have to starting asking for ammo vouchers for Xmas
    so I will be interested in the ppu and geco trouble is I like ballistic tips !
    Norma
    Last edited by norma 308; 02-10-2012 at 16:30. Reason: To keep Muir amused lol

Thanks guys for all the comments and help, very much appreciated. Will feel much more confident on my next stalk.
    Eric, I get my PPU from Fultons at Bisley.