disposable gloves

sakoson

Where can i get the ones that go right up to your elbow,fed up getting covered in blood while doing reds using the normal ones

Any countryside store will have them. If you get the gloves rather than sleeves you can use them to secure liver and kidneys etc, hold them in the hand when you have finished and pull the glove over. You need to wear other gloves over the vet inspection type for the hand as they are far to loose and slippy to work without.

I agree with the above post with regards to pulling them down over the hand to retain the liver.

I don't have any problem in working with them to be honest even though they are loose compared to the surgeons type glove.

I bought a box of the full arm vets examination gloves about 10 years ago to give them a go as the smell of rutting Sika stags was not going down well at home and have used ethem ever since. Now all I do is pop one on right over my jacket right up to the armpit on the arm I work with inside the deer which stops your forearm rubbing on the smelly part of his belly, and a normal glove on the other hand. Two boxes of 100 last for a while that way.

You must have either very big hands, or very small reds?!!!:D
MS

Reds! Reds! Sika mate....

It's the full arm length vets examination plastic bag type gloves I am on about. They are loose but if a vet can use them in sticking his hand up the orifices of a coo to sort out a problem, then that is good enough for me in pulling the insides out a deer.

To be honest if I am keeping a liver they tend to be off young stags or hinds but the sleeve gloves are used on them as well for the earlier stated benefit of not having to take off the jacket to keep the blood off it ;)

Last edited:
I use disposable sleeves. You can pull the sleeve down from the top over the bloody glove and when practiced you can leave your hands clean and just end up with a ball of plastic for the bin.
Bit difficult to explain but I'm sure you get the jist.
I buy them through work by the box.

Strathhaven grain store next to the vets on the Hamilton back road. It must be a bugger James when your arms are so short getting cash out of your pocket must be murder. Your first at the bar this week lol

I got mine from Bushware, up to the shoulder "Vet type", I also have laytex over the outside of them to help with retaining them in place.TJ

Acht nivur boather wi gluvs min, yaize yer bare hons, and gee thum a skiddle in the burn when yer by. . . . :lol:

Back