A big thank you to Redmist

Tom D

I collected my Sako75 7mm08 today newly re-barreled by Andy, it looks great, has a lovely finish, the crown is beautifully polished and the invisible thread protector is, well, invisible. I was attempting to sight it in whilst breaking in the barrel, so only really shot one proper group, it was under an inch despite it being dark outside and quite hard to see the target. I am delighted with it and can't wait to play with it some more. Thanks again Andy.:)
These pics are a bit crap and don't really do it justice, however here she is...

IMAG0418.jpgIMAG0419.jpg

Last edited:
Tom,

I second that!

Andy has just bedded a McMillan Sako Varmint to my T3 barrel/ action.

Absolutely changed the rifle - he is a very skillful chap.

Picture of my rifle is posted under "rifles" section.

Cheers

Robin

This is only the second group I have shot with this gun, while I was sighting it in, it has still had only 15 shot's through it, I am looking forward to taking time and really trying to see what it can do.

What make of Barrel did you go for Tom?

Nice Rifle mate and looks like you are on a winner:D.

Yorkie.

federal fusion 288 yds.pngfederal fusion2 288 yds.jpg

Tried it over a longer range today, having kids one of which is 10wks old means I haven't shot much with it, however this afternoon I shot some targets at 288yds. The first group was off the bottom of the paper, the actual drop at this range seems to be about 12" as opposed to the 8" that federal's tables show, the shorter barrel probably accounts for that. I shot a flyer on the second group, probably out of breath walking back from the first LOL. Group 3 was the best at just under 2" and 4 wasn't bad either. Well chuffed, I'll be happy to take foxes at that kind of distance now.

I had dialed in some windage to start with but the wind was dropping all the time so the groups slowly move right as the wind dropped.

Back