Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think this is fair?

Do you think this is fair?

18 months ago I bought a pair of Harkila boots in a sale from a company north of the border who advertise on this site.....
    The boots recently got sent back under warranty as they were leaking, and Harkila accepted this and deemed them faulty, but as the model of boot in question was no longer in production the company offered a credit note for the value I paid.
    My issue is that, I no longer have any boots, I have parted with money, and the cheapest pair of boots this company stock which are comparable are around the 180 mark, so if I were to use the voucher I would have to outlay almost its value again to return to a position whereby I have a pair of boots to wear.
    I have had issues with other Harkila products being less than deserving of their price tags, so I don't really want to return to them, and the company don't stock anything else other that military issue type boots which aren't what I'm after, so I'd like the freedom to look elsewhere for suitable footwear.

I have asked for a refund to my card but thus far they have refused saying that they are not legally obliged to (this may be 'legally' true, but whatever happened to customer care and morals?).
    I am awaiting a response from the owner currently, so who knows what the outcome might be, but I can't help but feel somewhat depressed with the lack of that little thing they call customer service!
    I suppose my alternative would be to offer the voucher code I have been given to someone who does plan to spend money with this company and recoup my money that way.......any takers.....?

Not good, I would have thought that a refund of the money you paid is the only fair way. At the end of the day you paid good cash (card) for goods that turned out to be not fit for purpose. If I had had a bad experience with a product / company then I would not want to purchase from them again so would not be happy with a credit note.
    Wingy

I was talking to a guy from UK covers last weekend they had a pair of said make discounted as new type have been brought out would this be a solution.

I have a similar problem with the Lundhags I bought. They have been fixed twice and now leak like a sieve. I had to buy a pair of Meindl's at very short notice to go stalking and as a recreational stalker, I only need one pair of boots. I am waiting to see what the Lundhag agent in Edinburgh comes up with. Good luck. JCS

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Not good, I would have thought that a refund of the money you paid is the only fair way. At the end of the day you paid good cash (card) for goods that turned out to be not fit for purpose. If I had had a bad experience with a product / company then I would not want to purchase from them again so would not be happy with a credit note.
    Wingy
    Glad its not just me, its not even as if they have something else I want!

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    I was talking to a guy from UK covers last weekend they had a pair of said make discounted as new type have been brought out would this be a solution.
    Just had a look at their website and they don't seem to do Harkila, besides which, given all this I'm less than inclined to carry on using their gear, I think its over rated

I think you will find that if you contact consumer rights they will tell you that if the product was faulty they should be replaced or a refund offered. Ifvthey cannot replace with the same boots I would suggest they should at least offer you the next pair up. If they are not prepared to do this I am fairly confident they cannot issue a credit note instead of a cash refund. It's the fact they have accepted liability in the goods being faulty in the first place.

believe it or not I argued this point some years ago over a motorbike bought brand new for several thousand pounds. It packed in just after it was run in. after several weeks and seeking legal advice the garage had earlier admitted that there had been a fault somewhere in the production line. as such the bike had been sold to me not fit for its intended purpose. They said we will see you in court. I got to the office door before they stopped me and said they would replace the bike.

We are talking about a pair of boots for god sake that are no doubt made for pennies! they should be glad to offer a refund or next model up for PR reasons alone!

What exactly does the warranty say?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

im having similar problems with a pair of seeland keeper trousers which ripped in two places i emailed and got an instant reply to take them back to the shop which i did and then emailed again to say id taken them back ive never had a reply once sent back from the shop who happened to have a load of faulty gear to go back its been nearly 12 months and ive not seen a penny back or any new trousers but im going back to the shop this week end to see whats going on

I assume you paid about 90, you had the boots 18 months before they leaked ?

I would say you got a good deal with a credit note for the full amount paid had they leaked within a few months i would expect a full refund from the shop you get what you pay for im afraid