Thread: Stalking / Shooting App

Stalking / Shooting App

Not sure how many of you know that mark Gilcrest (game for anything) is a programmer/ app designer for mobile phones amongst other things. He has developed an app for your i phone or android phone called G4EMA . This app tracks your route via GPS and when you spot or shoot deer you select the appropriate on the app and when you get home you download to your pc. open the file which opens Google earth this shows your route and what youve seen or shot. It als has a lamping side giveig fox/rabbit/or hare shot. It may interest some of you and help to show where beasts are on your shoots.

he also recomends this to commect your phone to pc

Last edited by shaun22/250; 02-10-2012 at 18:40.

Can't even find the app on a iPhone search

iPhone app is still awaiting approval so not available on iPhone just now.

David

I looked it up on Google play and have installed it on my android phone, i wasnt aware it was not available yet for i phone as he states you can use it on your i phone.

When I looked at the first demo video in the description it says he's waiting approval for iPhone, also checked the net and could only find it on android.

There are a number of similar apps out there many for the iPhone as well. One I use is motion x GPS. Switch it on put phone in pocket and it will record your track. I've left kit as the morning warms up dropped a wey point and can go back to it exactly.
    Another usefull one is distance map, on google earth shows your position then drop points anywhere around you i.e end of a line of trees etc, you instantly get the distance on yds or metres to that point. A good way of rough range finding from any static point
    Wingy

Well ive downloaded it, cant get the damn thing to work though.
    www.yorkshiredeermanagement.co.uk

IF ITS RED ITS DEAD AND IF ITS BROWN ITS DOWN

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    There are a number of similar apps out there many for the iPhone as well. One I use is motion x GPS. Switch it on put phone in pocket and it will record your track. I've left kit as the morning warms up dropped a wey point and can go back to it exactly.
    I can imagine that becoming an expensive game of hide and seek if your phone battery died !!

Quote Originally Posted by cockerdog View Post
    Well ive downloaded it, cant get the damn thing to work though.
    got it to work on my gallaxy ace ok