Tarted up Parker Hale .243

very nice i really like the looks of that style stock i have one similar but without the rose wood tip ,atb wayne

There is just something about the lines of an old classic rifle that appeals to me! Probably harks back to all the old films i watched as a boy where everyone was on safari toting a rifle!

I've come a long way since my first tentative steps at reloading hornet with plenty of advice from the likes of you muir.

Nice looking pair of classic styled rifles. The mufflers on them don't enhance the image though. They look pretty bulky and would get caught up in the bush we hunt here.

Nice looking pair of classic styled rifles. The mufflers on them don't enhance the image though. They look pretty bulky and would get caught up in the bush we hunt here.
moderators are sometimes a necessary evil anyway im a big strong boy used to handling a heavy weapon! Lol

Those look great - a friend recently did up his PH stock in a similar manner and the rifle looks great and certainly much better than the £300ish he paid for it. I think many of these PH rifles are seriously undervalued and that in a few years time we will be paying £1000 for them. I'm a leftie as well and so have a plastic Blaser just for ease of use. Did they make any of these in left hand versions? (you can see where this is going to end up)

i dont think any where made to be lefties but to be honest i find it an asset to shoot as a leftie but with the right hand bolt when culling and you need a few on the deck its a case of cycling the bolt with the other hand and having the trigger finger close by using sticks or a rested position the rifle is stable to cycle easy and less movement needed, atb wayne

Those look great - a friend recently did up his PH stock in a similar manner and the rifle looks great and certainly much better than the £300ish he paid for it. I think many of these PH rifles are seriously undervalued and that in a few years time we will be paying £1000 for them. I'm a leftie as well and so have a plastic Blaser just for ease of use. Did they make any of these in left hand versions? (you can see where this is going to end up)
I don't think they made any left hand ph rifles? Brithunter would know.
I paid£ 250 for the 30.06 and that included 80 norma rounds.
I paid for £ 200 for the .243.

Looks very nice i must say, Brit will be along soon, but he'll have to 'knock top off it' first before he can reply! :rofl:

Tom

Back