Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would Be Client Taking The P***

Would Be Client Taking The P***

So I'm going to have a bitch and moan
    Had a guy pester me since April this year to do a Beginners Course including the culling of a stag. He has only a .223 and has never shot anything bigger than a fox. So after back and forth emails and phone calls, the would be hunter called and asked me if he could have a cull stag with a good head and get it skull mounted on Thursday last week.
    As I was already committed culling and butchering for a client, I told him that I could not guarantee anything as I have bookings already and could not get over till Sunday to check. All Sunday morning I spent watching the deer, checking the good and bad heads. Got home and the would be hunter has called a couple of times.
    Returned the missed call, told him there was a few nice heads and price 340 for the day with a 12 point animal and meat package plus getting his hand dirty. To which he thanked me and booked a day later this month. So I put it all in an email.
    Sunday night I get mail from him.

He Really wants to cull a big 12 point stag. But does not wish to do the full day. Just come use my 308 on the range, till he feels comfortable. Then shoot animal, then go home as he feels that he's read enough books to know how to do everything from gutting to butchering and I quote " it can't be that hard I've done plenty of rabbits"
    Here's the killer. Could I reduce the price according to the fact he would not be spending all day with me and he would not need any more than 10 rounds as long as My Rifle Was Zeroed Properly. Could this be in with the price. Plus could get the Taxidemist to knock some off for cash when I took the head to be mounted.

Replied to his email and informed him that I would get paid either way, weather or not he culled the stag. Also the animals were not mine and my client would not reduce the price. As for Taxidemist let's not go there. Almost forgot he also wanted to change the date too.

After cooling off Monday I tried to call him and Tuesday and today. Just to find out weather or not he wished to proceed with the day. Left 6 messages. No joy

What really pissed me off today is the fact that not only did I give up a weekend stalking with my best buddy to accommodate this a***** but he could not even do me the courteous of returning my calls

Are thats better.
    Andrew.

There's always one!,.......... still spect you'll be busy next time he rings!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Sounds like your well shot of him let him bother someone else in future !

Quote Originally Posted by Buckbones View Post
    So I'm going to have a bitch and moan
    Had a guy pester me since April this year to do a Beginners Course including the culling of a stag. He has only a .223 and has never shot anything bigger than a fox. So after back and forth emails and phone calls, the would be hunter called and asked me if he could have a cull stag with a good head and get it skull mounted on Thursday last week.
    As I was already committed culling and butchering for a client, I told him that I could not guarantee anything as I have bookings already and could not get over till Sunday to check. All Sunday morning I spent watching the deer, checking the good and bad heads. Got home and the would be hunter has called a couple of times.
    Returned the missed call, told him there was a few nice heads and price 340 for the day with a 12 point animal and meat package plus getting his hand dirty. To which he thanked me and booked a day later this month. So I put it all in an email.
    Sunday night I get mail from him.

He Really wants to cull a big 12 point stag. But does not wish to do the full day. Just come use my 308 on the range, till he feels comfortable. Then shoot animal, then go home as he feels that he's read enough books to know how to do everything from gutting to butchering and I quote " it can't be that hard I've done plenty of rabbits"
    Here's the killer. Could I reduce the price according to the fact he would not be spending all day with me and he would not need any more than 10 rounds as long as My Rifle Was Zeroed Properly. Could this be in with the price. Plus could get the Taxidemist to knock some off for cash when I took the head to be mounted.

Replied to his email and informed him that I would get paid either way, weather or not he culled the stag. Also the animals were not mine and my client would not reduce the price. As for Taxidemist let's not go there. Almost forgot he also wanted to change the date too.

After cooling off Monday I tried to call him and Tuesday and today. Just to find out weather or not he wished to proceed with the day. Left 6 messages. No joy

What really pissed me off today is the fact that not only did I give up a weekend stalking with my best buddy to accommodate this a***** but he could not even do me the courteous of returning my calls

Are thats better.
    Andrew.
    what a nob , what your offering is an absolutely cracking deal .

Quote Originally Posted by Buckbones;
    340 for the day with a 12 point animal and meat package plus getting his hand dirty.
    That sounds a very fair price to me, in fact I would live to be able to book such a day, some people just dont know when they are getting a good deal.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    I dont remember this situation coming up in the "Fair Pricing Structure" thread?

Perhaps he could have dispensed with visiting you at all and just bought a big 12 point head off of eBay?

Then again, maybe he thought he'd signed up as a member of the "Turn up, take shot, tear off" Directory?

Sadly the time you've wasted on him can never be regained, but you are probably better off not having to take him out.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckbones View Post
    Left 6 messages. No joy
    Jeez, you are more patient than me!
    1. thats it, maybe 1 voicemail and 1 email.
    then I take the next booking on that day I can get

Unfortunately acquiring a firearms licence does not make everyone in the business of shooting deer likeable or on the same wave length as so many of "us" .there are nobs ,plebs and dam right numpties guess it was just your turn to have one .
    hopefully the above are few and far between .
    regards
    norma

Put up his name on the site so as to warn others of this pillock.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Is this Pratt real don't think i'd even let him loose on the range he would probably shoot your Stag up the AR** and leave you with the mess
    your well rid of him mate